Sign in to follow this  

Should I

I have been riding at a track for about 4 or 5 months and i have actually gotten pretty good. 3 of my buddies got bikes at the same time and none of them will hit the big jumps at the local track, and i can lap my one buddie. I really want to join the CMRC(begginer class) here in Ontario. My one friends who has been racing for about 4 years said that i should get top 10 at least. But i am afraid that i might fold under the pressure, i am not used to riding with 40 bikes.

Do you guys think that i should go for it or not!!! Thanks

go for it...stay in the back of the pack until you get used to riding with that many bikes.

make sure you shearch this topic, it has been discussed befor :thumbsup:

Go for it. Just keep it fun, don't set your expectations to high, just do the best you can do.

what they said :thumbsup:

Just go for it, hang back, lag on the start, whatever you have to do to make yourself comfortable and able to keep it in the realm of fun. You won't fold under the pressure if you don't put any pressure on yourself(save that for your 2nd season, or 3rd even).

Racing is fun... period. Go out there and have some. Pass some guys, get passed by some guys, fall down, get up... all that stuff.

Don't worry about that tingley feeling in your gut.... it's controled by the clutch lever, as soon as you let it out the feeling goes away, but it'll come back before every race, believe me(it's your freind).

Just don't go out expecting to win, or even do that well. Go out there to have fun and ride your best... the winning comes only when you can master this. And battling for 12th is just as much fun as battling for first(minus the trophy and the extra pressure)

Have fun and don't forget the bananas.