Sign in to follow this  

Help please !

Hi everyone, I finally received my spitfire windshield this friday & well guess what, I go out to install it. I partially instaled the handlebar mounts without tightening & attempt to proceed when my wife calls me to pick her up from the station. So I leave the mounts on the handlebar, take everything else in teh car with me to pick her up.

I come back & realise that I am late for work (i had 9pm emergency schedule) so I take the bike & leave for work WITHOUT removing the mounts. I was on the highway when I feel something fall on my left foot & it was one of the mounts which fell off becuase of the vibration !! Luckily I managed to hold the other mount & stop at the shoulder to remove it.

So here I am with a new windshield & 1 mount lost, so I cant mount it at all.

Anyone here have an extra mount that they can sell to me ? I dont mind paying for it, still cheaper than getting a mount kit. I appreciate any help as I am really tired of getting blown by the wind.

See dude? Its a sign...windshields are goofy and your bike is telling you that it doesn't want it :ride:...just tuck on the highway :thumbsup:

I haven't seen a windshield worth mounting on my bike. Don't do it. It looks completely dorky.

Nah the windshield isnt goofy, I am. I also thought the Spitfire is dorky but in person it really isnt all that bad. Form vs. function & here function wins.

Of course since MAW has the additional mount kit, I iwll again need to pay $13 in shipping. foul: :thumbsup::ride:

I've got the "dorkiest" looking windshield - the Parabellum. And I love it. Did 2250 miles in five days and it makes a huge difference. Bike is still stable, even in cross winds (you get a lot of them in Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana....). Function over form any day.

If you want a windshield you should get a street bike.

I was always afraid of loosing my head (or other body parts) in a accident from a windshield. On or off road.

It makes it tough to lean over the bars to.

Nah the windshield isnt goofy, I am. I also thought the Spitfire is dorky but in person it really isnt all that bad. Form vs. function & here function wins.

Of course since MAW has the additional mount kit, I iwll again need to pay $13 in shipping. foul: :thumbsup::ride:

Screw these guys, if they think the windshield is goofy - they don't ride in cold weather. Or maybe their just tougher than me, cause at 20F I can't imagine riding w/o it

I have two mounts from my slip stream shield that broke. I can hook you up. Hows $10? Otherwise they will be cluttering my already cluttered "stuff I took off the DR cabinet"

PM me if you haven't found some already

Screw these guys, if they think the windshield is goofy - they don't ride in cold weather. Or maybe their just tougher than me, cause at 20F I can't imagine riding w/o it

I have two mounts from my slip stream shield that broke. I can hook you up. Hows $10? Otherwise they will be cluttering my already cluttered "stuff I took off the DR cabinet"

PM me if you haven't found some already

$10 is fine, shit let me cancel my order with Dennis Kirk, I just ordered with them 30 mins ago as I coudnt wait any longer :thumbsup:

EDIT : Check your PM :ride:

See dude? Its a sign...windshields are goofy and your bike is telling you that it doesn't want it :ride:...just tuck on the highway :thumbsup:

I guess you don't ride in AK much? Rocks here make NJ June bugs feel like cotton balls. A good windshield that keeps a rock off your face is worth it's weight in gold.

I guess you don't ride in AK much? Rocks here make NJ June bugs feel like cotton balls. A good windshield that keeps a rock off your face is worth it's weight in gold.

Thats why they make helmets and goggles. :applause: Windshields are for old men pansies and they are all butt ugly! :applause: Its like putting a sidecar on a sportbike. If your scared of the wind, buy a cruiser with a nice big windshield, little pretty tassles on the handlebars, and big leather saddlebags. :applause: Go play in the dirt! :thumbsup::ride:

If you are that into dirt dirt dirt, why do you have that big pig of a 650?

Sorry I could not resist. I don't ride with mine on in the summer or when I am really dualsporting. The other 99% of the time (yes summer in western NY is only 1% of the time) I love the hell out of the goofy ass looking thing. I wish I had it on last week when an oncoming car spit a marble size rock at me, would have hit me in the nose but the face shield took the hit (scared the crap out of me). Left a nice big ding in a pretty new shield.

If you think they look goofy with the stock number plate you should see mine with the buell setup. Keeps the chill off the neck area which is my weak link in the cold