Sign in to follow this  

Counter sprocket seal leaking

My counter sprocket seal is leaking from riding a flooded sand track. How do I fix it? I mean, will I need to spit the case or it's much simpler to fix? :thumbsup:

You don't have to split the cases to replace that seal. Just get 2 long drywall screws. Thread both screws into the seal on opposite sides, and use them to pull the seal straight out, you may have to work it side-to-side to get it out.

When installing the new seal, wrap the end of the shaft with tape, or slip a condom over it, to keep the seal from being damaged by the splines.

or slip a condom over it, to keep the seal from being damaged by the splines.

I always keep a pack in the tool box just incase it happens. LMFAO!!

I always keep a pack in the tool box just incase it happens. LMFAO!!
LOL...I know it sounds goofy, but I do keep them for things like this. They work great for replacing fork seals. :thumbsup:

any special brand of condom that works better than others??....do you need to stay away from from any certain kinds of lubricants?? lol

any special brand of condom that works better than others??....do you need to stay away from from any certain kinds of lubricants?? lol
I have to use Magnums... :thumbsup:

LOL...I know it sounds goofy, but I do keep them for things like this. They work great for replacing fork seals. :thumbsup:

Just incase your married I wouldn't let the wife know you have a pack in the garage! LOL. i'd like to see the look on your mates faces if they were lookin throught your toolbox. LMFAO!!!!

Just incase your married I wouldn't let the wife know you have a pack in the garage! LOL. i'd like to see the look on your mates faces if they were lookin throught your toolbox. LMFAO!!!!

I always keep a pack in my tool box just in case the gf wants to go at it on the work bench! :thumbsup: