Sign in to follow this  

Joliet MX august 6th sunday (tommorrow)

I just got my bike back together and can't wait to ride it. The clearances are perfect and it liek it has more power now. And alittle less vibration on the top end. (only rode it up and down the block tho. So I will be there when they open tommorrow morning. Anyone else coming? Also if you have a camera please bring it or if someone is take a few pics I would really appreciate it, i have a digital cam but it has like a 1 second delay so u have to be able to time it right :thumbsup:.

SO whos going? Ron? CRFAN? Hogie? Anyone, anywho, anywhere? ok ill stop.....

Get your ass's out there and lets burn some laps together!

Ron you have check out my suspension, its as smooth and frictionless as Krystal Steel!!!!!!

I'll be there when they open also. I just tried to set my sag, needed to move it 1/4" less. Loosened the top nut 3 full turns and it didn't move at all. Don't know what is going on. Right now I have 3.75" sag.

I will try and play with it some more tomorrow, but after loosening it 3 full turns, I quit. Not sure why it's not moving.

I do want to swap bikes and try your suspension. Contemplating doing mine over the winter.

D1PP1N, where did you get your suspenders done at? Turn around time? $$$?

I just got my bike back together and can't wait to ride it. The clearances are perfect and it liek it has more power now. And alittle less vibration on the top end. (only rode it up and down the block tho. So I will be there when they open tommorrow morning. Anyone else coming? Also if you have a camera please bring it or if someone is take a few pics I would really appreciate it, i have a digital cam but it has like a 1 second delay so u have to be able to time it right :thumbsup:.

SO whos going? Ron? CRFAN? Hogie? Anyone, anywho, anywhere? ok ill stop.....

Get your ass's out there and lets burn some laps together!

Ron you have check out my suspension, its as smooth and frictionless as Krystal Steel!!!!!!

D1PP1N

I'll make sure to throw a camera in the truck...old school 35mm.

I'll probably drive my xtra cab silverado, pewter with the #222 CR450 in it

See you and Ron there.

Hogie, are you going to be able to make it?

Nick

Just got off the phone with my buddy looks like I will be there tommorow. See you all there.

Sounds good!

Looking forward to meeting up.

BTW, if any of you haven't been through that area recently, the I-55 bridge over the river, just North of Arsenal Road had been cut down to 1 lane. I don't know if that'll slow Sunday traffic, but I just wanted to throw it out there as a "heads up."

Nick

I brought my suspension to him on a wendesday and got it on saturday at redbud (july 4th weekend). It was 260 or 270 for me. I got a 20% discount tho so i think its like 350 or 360 regular. Talk to me about it at the track. I'll give ya the details. I like it but I may just do my own next time instead of paying 300-400 everytime i get a new bike.

I am there. I'll have at least two of my buddies from work with me, possibly 4.

Folks,

Another heads-up.

I'm about 15 minutes North of Joliet MX...

Looks like we may have a storm heading towards the area. I think I'm going to see what develops before heading down, at least right away.

Nick

We had a good ride today. Rain held off until about 1:30 so we got some good laps in. Had a good time, by the time the rain came I was tired anyway.

We had a good ride today. Rain held off until about 1:30 so we got some good laps in. Had a good time, by the time the rain came I was tired anyway.

Glad it worked out for you Ron, it started raining here in Plainfield a little after 11:00. Looks like I guessed wrong on this one. :thumbsup:

Yup, I had a great time. For being on the bike for the first time in a month, I felt great. T he first laps that I turned were on the stadium track, I felt right at home. By the time they opened up the back track, I was feelin IT!!!

Ron.............Thanks a million for starting the SHOOTOUT a couple of weeks early!!! :applause: I reallly think that I like that KXF, it seems really user freindly. I am looking forward to riding the reat of the batch.

See ya'll in a couple of weeks :thumbsup::ride:

I wents muddin today got my bike nice and yeehaaawww muddy! After my redneck antics stopped i spent like 8 bucks at the car wash gettign the mud off, then came home and hosed the bike/gear and truck off lol. Fun riding in mud but damn does it hamper the rest of your day!

I wents muddin today got my bike nice and yeehaaawww muddy! After my redneck antics stopped i spent like 8 bucks at the car wash gettign the mud off, then came home and hosed the bike/gear and truck off lol. Fun riding in mud but damn does it hamper the rest of your day!

Thanks for chasin me up 55 :thumbsup:

So tell us guys, who came home with the girls from the bar? Had to be some lookers in there.

So tell us guys, who came home with the girls from the bar? Had to be some lookers in there.

nothin but septic stink in that joint :thumbsup:

Yeah I seen yo guys swappin bikes but then it started rainin so I decided to load up and head out. also I had my first pool session for scuba tonight. Hogie if you think the kx is nice wait till you ride a nice narrow yamaha.

Yeah I seen yo guys swappin bikes but then it started rainin so I decided to load up and head out. also I had my first pool session for scuba tonight. Hogie if you think the kx is nice wait till you ride a nice narrow yamaha.
I'm looking forward to trying that Yamaha also. I have heard good things about the 06's. I rode an 04 and was not very impressed but have heard they made big improvements since then. I've ridden Sparkplugs RMZ briefly and it's very impressive also. So far, all of the bikes I have ridden are very good. Some do some things better, but they are all good bikes. I want to get some more laps on the RMZ, but from what I remember it has more bottom and squares turns better than my bike does.

Of all the bikes that will be present, I think I'm most looking forward to throwing a leg on Matt's 250 though. I need to get on a two stroke to reassure myself I made the right decision to convert. I know I did, I just need a back to back ride to really drive the point home.

LOL Ron! I remember those days, when I first switched from a YZ125 to a YZ250F in 2002, I had both at Walnut for an open ride, and wanted to get lap times on both just to know the actual difference. But I had the YZ125 all cleaned up with a toothbrush, ready to sell, so Red wouldn't let me. I did ride an '05 YZ125 at Motoland last year though, back-to-back with my '03 YZ250F, and although the 125 was a blast, there was no doubt in my mind about making the right choice with a thumper.

Nikki I was there that day. Thats funny because you had that 125 glowing. If i remember right the track was a little soft that day. I dont have anything to ad just wanted to tell you I was laughing about that. Later Rob