Sign in to follow this  

New Chain?

okay so I know the stock honda chains are prettymuch junk so Im looking at getting a new chain for my 07'. BUt I have heard about the o-ring type chains rubbing on the cases and stuff. Has this been fixed with the 07' models? If not im thinking about going with DID's ERT2, any opinions?

I put on the Honda CRF450X T-ring chain (T-ring sealed chain is narrower, stronger and lighter compared to conventional O-ring chains). It is a thin chain and doesn't hit the frame or rub against the engine case. The Honda part # 40540-KSC-003. It is about $90 from www.servicehonda.com

Running the DID. Works great. Hasn't stretched out and has lasted forever

Hello,the DID VT chain is what I run,it is a narrow x ring chain.The only drawback for some is that the master link is a rivet type so you need a shop to rivet it or buy the tool to do so.The ERT chain in either original or 2 type has about the same life span as the stock chain they just don't hold up under the torque of a 450,I have worn these out in one ride the VT however is about a year old with weekly track time on it and I have never had to readjust it.hope this helps,cheers

The ERT chain in either original or 2 type has about the same life span as the stock chain they just don't hold up under the torque of a 450
The wicked tourque of your bike has very little to do with the wearing of your chain. Even cheap standard chains can handle anything your bike can throw at it...providing you have it adjusted and cared for properly.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3696313#post3696313

We run the evr-2 with great results! It's a bit pricey but it's wort the extra money for us! :thumbsup:

I have never run an X, O, T, or V-ring chain on any of my MX race bikes. I love them on my off-road bikes, but I enjoy the simplicity, low cost, and light weight qualities of a good brand name basic roller chain for MX.

I have never run an X, O, T, or V-ring chain on any of my MX race bikes. I love them on my off-road bikes, but I enjoy the simplicity, low cost, and light weight qualities of a good brand name basic roller chain for MX.

Ditto!

we are running an EK o-ring chain and its fine

:thumbsup:

I really like EK chains and use their 520 MVXZ X- ring that comes in chrome. A real beefy chain for sure. I needed a shim for sure with this chain.

Quadra-X Rings offer 50 to 100% longer life than O-rings, while reducing friction up to 50% .

http://www.ekchain.com/offroad.htm