Sign in to follow this  

Do aftermarket pegs reduce vibration?

Will an aftermarket peg (Tusk preferably) reduce vibration or at least keep it the same as stockers with rubber?

Same to more. Maybe you could graft some of those cruiser pegs on there.

you wanna keep the rubber on the pegs???

I took the rubber off and they have a lot more vibes. I am riding with it on right now and I have never slipped off but I don't want to so I was thinking about the Tusk. Plus they look cool!

The last of my vibration problems are in the pegs (solved the handlebar vibes with a Tag anti-vibe rubber mount). So Im trying to figure ways to reduce the vibes there and there arent a whole lot of options.

Too late. I bought a set of them off of Ebay and soon after I posted about them they where all gone. Bummer too, for $150 you got upper, lower and brand new Tag bars.

It's a dirt bike (or a SM) with a rigid mounted motor. You are gunna have vibrations.

It's a dirt bike (or a SM) with a rigid mounted motor. You are gunna have vibrations.

Well I've asked around and some people say that there Drz runs like silk. I'm like "how can I get mine to do the same?". I was thinking about trying to just get some good vibe reducing riding bots. But It runs pretty smooth right now when Im at the right rpm's.

Like I said, the pegs get buzzy sometimes. It Doesn't really bother me cruising around town but for my long haul I think its going to get pretty annoying.

Well I've asked around and some people say that there Drz runs like silk. I'm like "how can I get mine to do the same?". I was thinking about trying to just get some good vibe reducing riding bots. But It runs pretty smooth right now when Im at the right rpm's.

Like I said, the pegs get buzzy sometimes. It Doesn't really bother me cruising around town but for my long haul I think its going to get pretty annoying.

This is normal, I have ridden a few Es and Ss and they all do it.

The S and SM are dirt bikes at heart. Maybe look if someone makes some kind fo engine mount that could reduce vibration. :thumbsup:

I had a KTM 620..That vibrated..My DRZ is like riding a sewing machine..I dont feel it vibrates..I have IMS pegs...no rubber...Very comfortable ride IMO.

I think most of those who claim the drz doesnt vibrate are coming from ktm's!

The pegs might be replaced with streetbike pegs? Some of them are rubber mounted where they attach to the mount. Doubt if they would fit though. You could cruise the racks at a salvage place if there's one around.

Before you set out on your ride, go over the frame/engine mount bolts. If they are a bit loose the bike will vibrate. Mine were seriously tight and are Nylok style and imagine that most are but you can sleep better knowing. Crack them loose and retighten; just takes a few minutes.

These bikes hardly vibrate. Maybe you should try a pair of boots instead of the tennis shoes or sandles you've been on. My CRF450 vibrates more at idle than this thing at WOT.

I run the IMS pegs and love them. I don't notice the vibrations at all on my DRZ either. Do you ride in tennis shoes or boots? You should try and ride someone elses to compare. You will get to see first hand that the DRZ is very smooth running bike. I rode my friends 450x again yesterday and I forgot how smooth the DRZ is. :thumbsup:

I just put on a set of IMS pegs and noticed the increased vibration without the rubber inserts on the stockers, however, stand up on the pegs (IMS) and feel the difference. I'll never put the stockers back on, like standing on broom handles. I also put on the Tag top clamp and CR hi bends (1 1/8"), love the look and no cross bar but really can't say it decreased vibes, at least not on mine...400s '02 w/ 1800 miles.