Sign in to follow this  

Hey just got a drz 400 sm 05

BONE STOCK, and new to super motarding any1 wanna piont me in the right direction for modifying it. heard off a 3x3 mod any details and steps in making this a track weapon??

Thanx and hello to you all!!! :thumbsup:

First off, congrats and welcome to the family :thumbsup:

Second...performing a quick search will just about answer 99% of any of your questions. But since your a noob...Ill cut you some slack :ride:

Lets see...theres: 3X3, jetting, FCR carb, full exhaust system, new tailight setup, graphics...the list WILL go on! Just from experience on TT, I know that exhuast and jetting are the two best performance upgrades for your money....next would be the FCR carb. Many pipes out there too...Look at Muzzy or Yosh...you'll be happy!

welcome to TT :thumbsup: .there are lots of mods that you can do, it all depends on how deep your pockets are :ride:

welcome

as said, the mods you can do to this bike are extensive, from freeing up intake and exhaust to bore/stroke to 475cc and almost 60hp!

there is debate about the order in which to do the mods. I did 3x3, jet first, cams and pipe about 6 months later, and will get around to the fcr this winter (1 year later still). The biggest single gain in power (reponsiveness, midrange, peak; everywhere a gain but the feeling of driving an fcr carbed bike is totally different, it becomes an animal) is probably the fcr (only after the 3x3, but it saves you rejetting the stock carb, only to chuck it later).

Do you want a "track weapon" as stated or a street weapon? They may be a bit different as a daily runner is going to need to be a bit quieter and a bit taller geared.

Yep I'd do the 3x3 mod since it is free. You will need to rejet also for that. Instead of just rejetting I'd switch to the FCR while I was at it. After I did those two I think the full exhaust would be next on my list. Suspension is another thing I'd probably redo and just set it up for your weight and everything.

Thanx, I read up on the 3x3 master and either I am a retard or it seems like I need a dynojet kit after cutting the hole in the air box. any suggestion or more info,?