Sign in to follow this  

Any advantage to

I am most comfortable on my crf450 and love it. That said I kinda ended up with a new RM250 and am asking if anyone thought it would be a help with my riding skills to ride it or would it more be a distraction to learning what I have been on for 2 years now. Thanks for any opinions

I think if you are going to get a 2 stroke to hone your skills, get a 125. That will really make it difficult to clear a jump. If nothing else, it makes a good spare.

Ride the RM until you're comfortable going fast on it, and then decide which bike you like more. Perhaps you'll like the RM for muddy track conditions and the CRF for dry, or something similar to that, and end up keeping both.

alot of people cant really use the power of a 450 and actually get better results on a bike like the rm

I have a CR125 and my buddy did have a YZ450F and I love my CR more than that YZ the CR125 (especially the 90's models) have a lot more stronger powerbands and hookup alot better on the jump's faces.

Thanks for all the input. I have put some hours on the rm 250 and while my fiends and family say I look good on it, as in form and being more aggressive in turns I feel like I'm on a 5 speed bicycle that pulls my arms out of there socket so far. So light and thin, in the air it almost disappears. I have never ridden a 2 stroke till now and its been a lot of work. I am hoping the skills gained riding it will translate into more control and speed with my crf450.