Sign in to follow this  

Do yz 125 overheat?

I rode pretty much all day yesterday and my bike was running perfect then costing down a hil lit sputered then shut off. we couldnt get it started back up so my friend drove his truck down to my rescue. Todat the my bike started fine and was running good. Do u think it just overheated???

I've never overheated my 125's and I ride them mostly in a small, tight, nasty, hot mini track. Sounds like you fouled the plug. Are your radiators still full?

Check your radiator guards for grass or any foreign matter that could restrict air flow to the radiator core. It is hard to overheat a 125 2 stroke but possible. Based on what you've told us here, it doesn't sound like it overheated.

It was the spart plug. At first I didnt think it was the spark plug cause it would start but then as soon as I got on the throttle it bogged down. So I took out the old spark plug (which was covered in oil) and I replaced it. Now my bike runs perfect!!! :thumbsup:

It was the spart plug. At first I didnt think it was the spark plug cause it would start but then as soon as I got on the throttle it bogged down. So I took out the old spark plug (which was covered in oil) and I replaced it. Now my bike runs perfect!!! :thumbsup:

You're going to want to take a look at leaner jetting if you want to keep your bike running perfectly.