Sign in to follow this  

opening my carb at the half way mark

i have a 04 250f and i want to open the carb( spit it) because theres a tip of my flue screw stuck in it and that is the only way i could get it out, is there any springsor screws nside that i should wach for, i know there is one gasket and the torix bolts that hold it together, do you know were i can get that tool to take it apart. please and thank you , also i did some resarch came up emty handed.

The anti-tamper bolts can be gotten out using a special tool, but others have found a way around them. I'm not sure how they did it. Probably by grinding out the center "tit" with a dremel tool, then using the proper size Torx bit to take them out.

The problem is the gasket. It is NOT available for purchase. So if you tear it when you split the carb (and you probably will), you'll be buying another carb. :thumbsup: Be very careful with it.

There are also a couple of check valves associated with the accelerator pump which may be loose in there, so watch for their balls and springs to fall out.

I haven't been inside one personally. The $800 gasket skeered me off.

The anti-tamper bolts can be gotten out using a special tool, but others have found a way around them. I'm not sure how they did it. Probably by grinding out the center "tit" with a dremel tool, then using the proper size Torx bit to take them out.

They sell "Secure or Tamper-Proof Torx Bits" at Sears - they have the depression for the center "tit" as you called it...

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/search.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&keyword=Secure+Torx+bit&vertical=TOOL