Damn Boysen Wont Fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran across the same problem with my boyesen cover. I believe I will add a spacer from Steahly flywheel weights. I believe this might clear.

I also think the sfb cover that rocky mountain atv MIGHT fit. This company also sells flywheel weights.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats crap that cover is to far out there with a spacer for my taste i already leave black marks on my cover from down shifting. if you grip the bike with your legs like you should you will too. Just put the stock cover back on thats all. The stock cover does fit over the GYTR rotor right? what does the after market cover offer besides a higher bling facter?

Back in the days we would replaced the honda covers because they were so flimsy and leaked alot but them days are over.

If the stock cover fits, which it does, and the boyesen cover fits with a spacer, both are equal width. The boyesen cover is actually narrower than the stocker. The spacer makes it the same as stock.

The stocker gets replaced because it is plastic and leaks. I dont know where you got the idea that leaking plastic ignition covers are over. Ride your bike, powerwash it, then remove the cover.

Granted, its not as bad as the old days, but its not great.

• Helpful 1

. if you grip the bike with your legs like you should you will too. .

Interesting...I never in my life heard of people gripping their bike by the ignition cover! LOL

It is not TOO far out....no issues what so ever. Grip the bike with your legs...not your feet....

What are the advantages of purchasing that cover? Is it common to hit a rock or something and it can slit the original plastic one? Ive been riding for 11 years now and im 17 and i havent came across that problem yet...

just bling my friend...just bling

• Haha 1

If the stock cover fits, which it does, and the boyesen cover fits with a spacer, both are equal width. The boyesen cover is actually narrower than the stocker. The spacer makes it the same as stock.

The stocker gets replaced because it is plastic and leaks. I dont know where you got the idea that leaking plastic ignition covers are over. Ride your bike, powerwash it, then remove the cover.

Granted, its not as bad as the old days, but its not great.

The cover doesnt leak with a good gasket.... instead it is vented. Take a close look and you will see how they vent the cover/gasket on the bottom. This is so if any water does get in there it will be able to dry out. You wont get any water in there when washing as long as you are not spraying upward in that area.

On bikes that are not vented (like RM125's I know for sure) the ignition needs to be sprayed with WD40 every so often to prevent rust. Even with a good gasket, they will still slowly start to rust over time.

Instead of pressure washing try this just one time!.....

-Take 1 lid full of Tide Liquid Detergent (or some other name brand liquid laundry detergent).

-Pure into a normal empty size spray bottle.

-Fill the rest of the bottle with water.

-While the bike is bone dry and still dirty, spray the complete bike with the detergent spray. Spray everything from the engine, plastic, rads, wheels, under finders.... EVERYTHING!

- Let the sprayed detergent dry on the bike for at least 20 minutes.

-Rinse off with a gentle but firm spray of water (like from a garden hose).

The bike will come out perfectly clean without touching with a rag or using any high pressure that can kill seals and stuff. Best part is it gets to spots you cant even get a tooth brush. Try it once, I'm sure you will be hooked!

• Helpful 1

Hey satch if you grip the bike with your legs like i said the end result might be marks on your ignition cover and clutch cover. Unless you goon ride on the tips of your foot pegs ? (not saying you do) . Matter fact i like frame guards because i feel like i have more grip with my boots. There are so many riding techniques

Also my cover never leaks but then again i don't spray up wards into the vent hole and i also have a nice gasket. Some of the older bikes would leak no matter what you did to the stock unit.

Try washing it like Upallnight said i aint hit my bike with a brush in almost a year. I use the cheaper Arm & Hammer brand but i just mix it thinker 1/3 soap and the rest water.