Sign in to follow this  

Be careful ...this o-ring is easy to lost !!!

Hi, all guys, take more care on this small round o-ring when you're opened the top cover of the cv carb to replace spring & needle. Is easy to lost !!

Luckily, i found it from the floor before install back the top cover. :ride:

Beside, may i know what it's function ?? :thumbsup:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/bayoubikebruiser/?action=view&current=FANGjet12.jpg&refPage=all&imgAnch=imgAnch75

(the small round o-ring above the hose from pic)

regards

Benson

i noticed it when i rejetted. luckily it stayed in place, but i think its function is to get lost somehow.

youre not the 1st to have a close call.

yes, I noticed the oring missing last time I took apart my carb, bike was still running fine but there was some fine dust inside the rubber diaphram on the slide. The oring seals a hole that is drilled in the cap. The hole runs from the recess in which the diaphram seats into the inside of the cap. Withthe oring there, the hole is effectively plugged, without it, the hole allows the slide chamber to equalize with atmosphere which would tend to reduce the power-jet action (operated by pressure differential between intake manifold and slide chamber pressure). I didnt have a replacement so, after much personal debate, filled hole in cap with silicone ultra-black, thereby returning operation to stock.