Sign in to follow this  

Speedometer gear removal

I like to remove the gear of the speedometer. Is it possible to use the collar from the R only or do i need also the shaft from the R?

Yes - the Flatland collar is really nice looking. But for me it's difficult to get these things in Germany. I have an old plastic/steel collar from my CR250 wheels. This fits perfect on the X hub, but need some spacer because it's a little bit to short. I like to find a solution which also allows me to change quickly to my CR wheels.

just get a rubber cap to cover the spedo cable hookup, that is what most of the spedo kits use when they swap to their system, not quite as fancy as the flatland but it works.

@ Cavi:

For me it's not only a question of functionality. If i buy such an expensive bike (and in Germany they are far more expensive than in the US) i like to have it also nice looking and clean. Otherwise i always see these useless thing if take a look to the bike ....

Anyone got a speedo/odometer cable that they are not using? I broke mine in an endo into a clump of trees :thumbsup: and would like to replace it.

PM me. Thanks