Sign in to follow this  

Change rear sprocket-SM

now I have stock gearing - 15 front and 41 rear with 110r chain, is it possible to change only rear sprocket for 44 without changing chain ? and how decrase top speed ? (now is nearly 100mph)

I have 15/44 on my SM and went to a 112 Xring chain. I'm not sure if you can get away with keeping the 110 stock chain. If you have a lot of miles on the stock sprocket, you should prob. replace the cahin with the sprocket.

People have told me that a 44 will barley fit on on the stock chain. I have a 15/44 with Yosh RS-3, 3x3 mod, and jet kit. My speedo tops out around 92 or 93 mph. But it may take a few extra feet to squeeze out another mph or 2

Why not drop the front sprocket to a 14? This should give you pretty close to the same ratio with the stock chain?

A 44 will work with stock sm 110 link chain. Adjusters will be toward the front, but it will fit. I'm put one on my bike last week... haven't done a top speed run yet. Helps with wheelies :thumbsup:

I run a 15/44 setup on my S with a 110 link chain. It just barely fits.

Top speed won't really be any different if you change gearing unless you hit the limiter, which I doubt you would do with a 15/44 setup.

ehmm, i didn't think about 14 on front :ride: , it will be the best solution for stock chain...

thanks for the response ! :thumbsup: