Sign in to follow this  

rekluse clutch

Do any of the top pro AMA/FIM riders use them? :thumbsup: Seems like people on this website highly reccommend them.

the few people i know that have them love them although sometimes it is nice to shift. They are great for going through tight stuff as your bike will not stall.

I rode with a pro this weekend. My bike has a rekluse and I love it. We switched biked for about 20 minutes and he didnt care for the rekluse.

i rode with a guy this weekend in gorman....bought a used ktm450(super clean bike with all the goodies)..had a rekluse on it.it was his first time out on it...on our first stop...about 20 min, he said that it was goin on ebay as soon as he got home(the rekluse)...he hated it. it threw his timing off, had to run in lower gear to keep it engaged......imo, if you have any type of skill with workin the clutch, you probably won't like it...you should ride one b4 making a purchase, i think they're pretty pricy...thats just my 2 cents

For my motocross bike (CRF450R), no way. It wouldn't help and probably cause issues for me.

On my 450X - I absolutely love it. It takes a bit of getting used to - mainly when creeping - you have to get the feeling for the tiny amount of lag time between blipping the throttle and the reaction it gives. This is only down during low speed, first gear, technical sections.

They make rocky uphills a breeze. It's almost like cheating. Point up, twist the throttle and avoid what ever's in the way. You can fall down to a slow, just chug along speed, pick your line and then start accelerating again.

It's so much easier than trying to work the clutch as you climb.

Thanks for the replys, but my question is "do pros use them?".

who cares what the pros use!!!! are you u pro??diffrent strokes for diffrent folks....we tried to give YOU feedback to help YOU out...

no im not a pro. but a simple answer to a simple question would be nice. Giving me "feedback" about the rekluse is not helping to answer my question.

Again thank you everyone for your replys, except moreccsthanlbs you go have little cry

I put one on my crf 450 for motocross and I love it. Since I put it on I have gotten about 8 holeshots and 1 second place start. If it did nothing else but help me get holeshots, it was worth the money as far as I am concerned. I have yet to get a bad start since I have put it in. As far as riding on the track, I like for the turns and never stalling is pretty nice too.

:thumbsup: I was a professional stadium and short course racer (four wheels) back in 98 & 99 and I'm going to be desert racing SCORE and short coursing CORR next year, so yea, I'm a professional - and I run a rekluse in my bike... :ride:

tabletop.jpg

:thumbsup: I was a professional stadium and short course racer (four wheels) back in 98 & 99 and I'm going to be desert racing SCORE and short coursing CORR next year, so yea, I'm a professional - and I run a rekluse in my bike... :lame:

tabletop.jpg

quads and bikes are completely different.

I don't know about the pros but what did seem funny was a few of the expert enduro riders in my area that I have talked to and ridden with don't like them. IMO, I think when you get to that level you become so in tune with your bike you don't feel a need for one. Food for thought. As for me, I'm a decent rider with a Rekluse and if something comes along that makes me go faster, I'll take it.

I don't think any big name pro's use them. There would be no advantage to the mx/sx pro class to use them. The whole design is to offer better throttle/clutch control especially at lower to mid speeds. The pro's rev there motors alot higher and slip there clutch alot more in typical situations than the average amature/expert rider. Riding a bike like that, the auto clutch is just going to be in the way and you will overheat quicker. If you go to the Rekluse website I beleive they state who in the upper ranks are using them but not to many are.

Do any of the top pro AMA/FIM riders use them? :thumbsup: Seems like people on this website highly reccommend them.

hope i don't ruffle anyone's feathers with this, but from my experience, the average level of rider skill on TT is ummm.... not quite at the pro level, lol. i have noticed that in general, less-skilled riders really like auto-clutches, and more skilled riders don't feel the need as much. of course this is a generalization. i know some very fast and very skilled riders that really like auto-clutches (chilly white and orbabill for example).

i'm also not a pro, but to me the only conceivable advantage to an auto clutch is to avoid stalling at inconvenient times. i would not be interested in an auto-clutch setup if i couldn't keep the clutch lever as an override. i use the clutch alot exiting corners and getting over obstacles and so forth, and typically descend with the clutch pulled in also. i just feel like i have pretty good control over what my bike does using the throttle and clutch together, and i'm not interested in giving that up. i suspect that pro level riders are much better at controlling a bike than i am, so they probably feel even more strongly about it.

No pros in MX or SX use them. The starts would be next to impossible to keep pace with everyone who has there bike rved to the max when the gate drops.

No pros in MX or SX use them. The starts would be next to impossible to keep pace with everyone who has there bike rved to the max when the gate drops.

You obviously have never rode an autoclutch equipted bike have you?

If you got killed on the starts it's because you suck not the clutch. I pull 3rd gear starts perfectly!!! I get great starts everytime. It's because I don't have to take the time to shift. Even if it's a fraction of a second. It adds up enough for me to pull ahead.