Sign in to follow this  

What's special about a JD Jetting Kit?

Hi everyone,

Have a staintune system on an 06 SXC, and am wondering how to clean up the power in the mid-top end range (bottom is lovely grunts-ville; but there is no upper end thrust). I fitted a large 185 main-jet to try and remedy this, but it's only a little. I see that so many mods include the JD kit, and I'm wondering exactly what's in it, and if the sizes they (JD) deliver are suitable for aftermarket exhausts with more flow. Is this kit really the bees-knees? Any feedback'd be great. :thumbsup:

I have bought three different jd kits and they work. This guy does the homework and you just buy their kit and dial it in. As far as your aftermarket exhaust you might email jd and see what he says. Is your aftermarker exhaust loud? There are two types that like the loud exhaust, the first and foremost are the environmentalist. This is what they need to shut down trails.

Thanks- I have a trail that goes past my house, and I am aware of the noise on a sunday morning! The staintune is a noisy pipe however, and when I put the plug in to silence it, performance really drops (sigh). But I have a buddy making a little cone for the back to allow flow and diminish the B52 effect. Thanks for the feedback on JD's: if they work 3 out of 3 then that's a great endorsement.