Sign in to follow this  

unidentified yosh rs3

I just received a stainless rs3. It was a second chance bid on ebay. $175 delivered, It is well used with some dents in the header and a mangled end cap. The seller didn't know anything about the exhaust. Its a stainless e model. The muffler is oval, the end cap is held on to the can with 4 allen head bolts. The yosh plate reads rs-3 stainless. The can is held on with springs and a band w/blue spacer. Does this model use inserts? It is loud and I'm afraid it'll be too loud for some parks. Ive searched the forum and haven't found any info on this model. I just put it on last night and reinstalled my 142.5 main and went for a spin. I dint see a lot more power but it pulls a lot stronger. Man the pipe is huge compared to stock! I was dreading the rejet but it only took 15 Min's, Ive got that carb removal down to a science. (there are 2 jetted drz's in my garage).

:thumbsup:

You could by a low volume insert. Did you remove the end cap and see whats inside? :thumbsup::ride:

Yea I took off the endcap, there's a pipe with a screen in it and its surrounded with packing Its about 3" deep.

I haven't tried to remove it yet.

It sounds like the low volume insert from your description.

Take a picture of it. Maybe it needs to be repacked? :thumbsup:

You have an older pre TEC Yosh. I had one, and was able to modify it to accept the older TEC insert.