Sign in to follow this  

Anybody had trouble with a MILLVILLE Kenda tire

Anybody had trouble with a MILLVILLE Kenda tire having the lugs just rip off?

I have about 4-5 rides on a milville kenda 120 tire and the side lugs are almost all riped off????????????????????????? :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Anybody had trouble with a MILLVILLE Kenda tire having the lugs just rip off?

I have about 4-5 rides on a milville kenda 120 tire and the side lugs are almost all riped off????????????????????????? :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Gene, I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a Millville and after one ride in VERY rocky terrain, most of the knobs were pretty much gone. I emailed Kenda and within ten minutes, I got a phone call from a girl named Laura who explained to me that the Millville is a "soft" terrain tire. She then overnighted me a Carlsbad for free and that is without a doubt, the best rear tire I've ever used. I was ready to write Kenda off altogether until they came through for me and hooked me up.

The Carlsbad I have on now is the same one that Laura sent me. That was over a year ago and granted, I don't ride everyday, I probably have a legitimate 40 hours on this tire. Don't give up on Kenda; they truly stand behind their products and will make it right for you.

This is good and bad for me , I just bought a Kenda Millville. I havent ridden it yet, but I do ride alot of semi soft stuff. Out behind my house is hardpack though, this may suck. They felt pretty tough. :thumbsup: ? :ride: ?

I had Millville on once and it was fine. Although that was last winter and I mostly rode it in the desert. Nothing too hard to tear off the knobbies

This is good and bad for me , I just bought a Kenda Millville. I havent ridden it yet, but I do ride alot of semi soft stuff. Out behind my house is hardpack though, this may suck. They felt pretty tough. :thumbsup: ? :ride: ?

Millville is a great tire for what it is designed for.

You'll be fine on the Millville. Rocks are what chunk the lugs...and with regard to the front tire, mostly when braking.

Hard pack without rocks shouldn't tear the knobs off at the rate they disappear in rocks.

If you expect to ride in conditions that would have a mixture of rocky stretches, mount the tire with the intermediate directional arrow pointing forward...all loam, soft arrow pointing forward.

I'm running one on hard packed dirt a lot of the times and haven't had any problems.

Well I emailed them and in 10 minutes laura had returned my email and asked for some pics of it then she looked at them and sent out a new Millville sticky compound tire

I was riding at CycleRanch and the ground is a soft sand and loam which is what the tire was made for so I think it was just a bad batch.

MYPLAYGROUND.jpg

CYCLERANCH-05.jpg

CYCLERANCH-04.jpg

MY-TIRE-03.jpg

MY-TIRE-02.jpg

MY-TIRE-01.jpg

Well I emailed them and in 10 minutes laura had returned my email and asked for some pics of it then she looked at them and sent out a new Millville sticky compound tire

I was riding at CycleRanch and the ground is a soft sand and loam which is what the tire was made for so I think it was just a bad batch.

MYPLAYGROUND.jpg

CYCLERANCH-05.jpg

CYCLERANCH-04.jpg

MY-TIRE-03.jpg

MY-TIRE-02.jpg

MY-TIRE-01.jpg

I hear ya! Mine was MUCH worse than that one. The terrain I was in was MUCH worse than that paradise you're riding too. You had to search hard just to see some dirt between the boulders. Laura at Kenda was great and hooked me up with a free tire that was much more appropriate than the Millville.

I'd keep buying Kenda tires just for the awesome customer service.

I hear ya! Mine was MUCH worse than that one. The terrain I was in was MUCH worse than that paradise you're riding too. You had to search hard just to see some dirt between the boulders. Laura at Kenda was great and hooked me up with a free tire that was much more appropriate than the Millville.

I'd keep buying Kenda tires just for the awesome customer service.

You hit the nail on the head on that one

One thing i like is a company who backs up there stuff

:thumbsup::ride::applause: to Kenda

Someone wrote the Kenda Trackmaster II should be warmed up by riding before trying to go full throttle on rocky terrian. It made the difference between chunking and not chunking up the tire. The same might apply to the Millville.

Someone wrote the Kenda Trackmaster II should be warmed up by riding before trying to go full throttle on rocky terrian. It made the difference between chunking and not chunking up the tire. The same might apply to the Millville.

Well I'm in Texas and believe me the tire was warm

it was 98 degrees here before I started riding that day and a black tire in the sun is gunna be hot

I had the same problem with an S-12 front. Michelin made it right with me right on the spot. It turns out the tire even though it was new to me had sat on a rack for almost 2 1/2 years. Rubber dries out and becomes brittle, and the result is chunked knobs. I had torn all the side knobs off in three rides. The Michelin rep. showed me how to check the dates on tires to make sure I was getting fresh ones. The replacement tire is still on my bike and has very little chunking even though I ride a lot of rocky trails.

I put Kenda Millvilles on my son's CR85 last month. Two races later the rear is missing upwards of a dozen knobs. :thumbsup:

I was not impressed.

I had the same problem with an S-12 front. Michelin made it right with me right on the spot. It turns out the tire even though it was new to me had sat on a rack for almost 2 1/2 years. Rubber dries out and becomes brittle, and the result is chunked knobs. I had torn all the side knobs off in three rides. The Michelin rep. showed me how to check the dates on tires to make sure I was getting fresh ones. The replacement tire is still on my bike and has very little chunking even though I ride a lot of rocky trails.

the tire was a new one

She checked too :thumbsup:

the tire was a new one

She checked too :thumbsup:

Mabey they got a bad batch of rubber or someone pulled the tires out of the molds before they were cured all the way. The most important thing is that the company stood behind them. Let us know how the new tire wears.

Mabey they got a bad batch of rubber or someone pulled the tires out of the molds before they were cured all the way. The most important thing is that the company stood behind them. Let us know how the new tire wears.

They are sending the NEW sticky compound :thumbsup:

Exact same thing happened to me, exept i had them on the bike until the were about half worn until the lugs began to tear off.

I had problems with knobs ripping off my Millville sticky rear tire. I have like 8 rides on this thing and like 50 knobs have come off. I found this thread a few days ago and emailed Laura about the problem. She said that some of the older tires have this problem and they have made changes to the never tires. She gave me the option of a few tires and I chose the Carlsbad sticky, have not used one before and would like to try it. They stand behind their products 100%.

Ryne