Sign in to follow this  

cr125 or cr250? which will sell easier?

I am selling my Honda trx250r quad and I have a guy that wants to trade me cash plus my choice of either a 2002 cr250 which has only had a tank of gas ran through it in the past year and a half- or a 2002 cr125 that just got a new top end, fmf pipe, and needs work on the rear brakes-

He is going to give me $600 more if I go with the 125.

Which one will sell faster and how much do you think I could sell either of these for- I have no intentions on riding it, I just want to sell it asap.

Or do you think because it is two-stroke it will take longer to sell it?

I know from experience two-stroke quads dont sell for s*** now.

not correct, banshess go for 2 grand at the cheapest usaully. alsso, with all the bling i would say the 125 will sell easier, and there usaully sell more because people tend to use them as fun/play bikes. i could be wrong, but from personal exsperience, i think there would be a better chance with the 125. also, with the 600 extra you could cut back on price and still come out with more money than the 250.

ok thanks- I have been trying to sell this 250r for three months now and the only thing i get is i want to buy it once I sell my ___.

How much do you want for your 250R? I'd much rather have the 250R if I was you but I'm a big fan of the older 2-stroke quads. It does seem like the value has been dropping though. They used to be worth a fortune. Out of those two bikes I'd take the 250 but that would be more for riding I'm not sure which one would sell easier. It seems like all 2-strokes now have kind of lost their value.

I want $4500 for my 250r- It is fully race ready with every part being aftermarket. Elka shocks-Lonestar-Houser-ESR engine

I dont want to ride this bike at all- I just want to sell it once I get it

I would go with the 250. More people want those...especially if it has one tank of gas run through it.

I would tend to say the 250 ,butThe 02 was a bad year for the cr250 . It was the first year for the case reed motor. They don't sell as fast as the earlier ones. I would check the cycle trader for your area.

it really depends on your area

the cr250 would go for around 2,500-3000$ in california but you'd be lucky to get maybe 2,000 for one in NJ. i know for fact i could get close to $3,000 for my 2001 cr250 due to the fact its supposedly the "best" and its green sticker. i think 02 is green sticker also..check your paper and cycle trader, craigslist, etc..

It seems CR250's sell faster than CR125's here in the SW. My dealer cleared out all of their '05 CR250's before they sold their last '04 CR125.

So do people still race the cr250's and the cr125's?? I race quads, and I dont know to much about bikes.

I was thinking about going with the cr125, simply because he is going to give me $3100 cash and I am only asking $4500 for my quad so the only thing I would have to sell the bike for is $1400 and I am sure I could sell it for that

plus with all of the little kids moving up in size every year I would think that the 125 would go quicker- I dont know though, so correct me if im wrong! :thumbsup:

I would tend to say the 250 ,butThe 02 was a bad year for the cr250 . It was the first year for the case reed motor. They don't sell as fast as the earlier ones. I would check the cycle trader for your area.

no, it wasnt a bad year. :thumbsup:

i would take the 02cr250. it will sell for more if you sell it. it may take longer then the 125, it make not. it might sell in 3 days, might take a month. but if your not starving for the money RIGHT now,i would say take the 250. and i dont know about where you live, but here in california 02 cr250s are going between 2800-3300.

I don't have any statistics, just observations. Around here, a 125 will languish in the sales paper for several weeks. I rarely even find a 250 (especially a CR250 :thumbsup: ) in the paper because they usually sell among acquaintances; no need for an ad. Like I said, the 250's usually sell out at the dealer faster than the 125's..... Just my observations here in the SW, but I could be wrong.....

o, well its the opposite here. my dealer always sells out of the 125's quicker than the 250's. its the only dealer i go to though, so maybe they just dont have the best price on the 250's or something like that. also, why wont you ride the bike? are you goin to get another quad and just make it race ready again or something, or just buy something bigger?

o, well its the opposite here. my dealer always sells out of the 125's quicker than the 250's. its the only dealer i go to though, so maybe they just dont have the best price on the 250's or something like that. also, why wont you ride the bike? are you goin to get another quad and just make it race ready again or something, or just buy something bigger?

Well I already have a quad- (2006 yfz450) and I am just going to use this money to make it more race ready, (front suspension)

sprtlvr785 where do u live?? i live in illinois. if u buy the 125 let me know b/c im looking for a cr 125 or a yz 125