Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone use a triple tree bag?

I was looking to get as much storage as possible for e long haul this winter. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a triple treet bag?

I found a few of them but they where all so incredibly tiny that it wouldn't be worth mounting them.

I have a bag similar that I used on a bicycle. It was as big round as a coffee mug and about twice as long with velcor to attach. Never used it on my DRZ but it would work.

Any bicycle shop will have'm starting at about 6 bucks.

FYI, I recently picked up a tank bag for an ATV. It fits over the gas lid and hangs on either side. It fits the bike very well, but I'm gonna attach a couple bungies to it for more stability. It has some pretty decent storage with each bag having 2 seperate pockets.

It was on sale at a local surplus shop for 13 bucks.

Ken

Good deal! Maybe I'll take a swing by the local army surplus shop this very morning.

Maybe the Wolfman could work for you...

Wolfman

I got a nice small mountain bike bag for less than 10 bucks at my local bike shop..Take a look at bicycle accessories as previously mentioned.

Wolfman

I got a nice small mountain bike bag for less than 10 bucks at my local bike shop..Take a look at bicycle accessories as previously mentioned.

good idea! :thumbsup:

Wolfman

Will do. That Wolfman bag is nice but too pricey for me!

I have the atv type saddlebag that works great for my 4-wheelers hanging off the gas tank but I don't like it on my bike. I have the suzuki rack and just bunji my knapsack on it. That works pretty well for me. I seriously investigated dedicated bike bags but found they were too expensive or too small.

I don't know if a number plate bag and a triple tree bag are considered the same thing or not. I got a number plate bag from Dirt Bike Gear that I'm very happy with, it was about $31.00 with shipping.

http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/number_plate_bags.html

I also have this bag and the front fender bag. I"m satisfied with both. Good stuff. I would purchase again if I lost one.

dirt bike gear also #20 seal line blue bag on fender

I use a large fanny pack (big enough for a 6 pack and snacks) which I wrap around the tank and the frame, running the straps over the top of the rad shrouds and buckle it in front. I gets in the way of my knees when standing off road but is ok on road. I like it because it doesnt interfere with steering or add weight to the bars. Also it is protected from the elements (tried mounting on the number plate but stuff gets wet)