Sign in to follow this  

Bit worried 86 TT350

Hi to all, I have a TT350 and while waiting for gaskets for the cylinder head to come in I was trying to seal the top without overtightening the bolts, so... I used a white 3 bond under the gasket. When I had tightened it and run it a bit I noticed the whole cylinder head had squeezed out a bead all the way round. I decided when I got back to take the top off and remove it all. There was a thick layer on the gasket but I am worried that the stuff that squeezed into the motor side stripped off and is just waiting to get stuck in my oil lines. Am I over thinking it or is there something I can do to stop a problem.

make shure the oil passages are all clear with no blockages. tiny little peices are not a problem but blocked passages will be one unless you like doing top ends on that bike.

thanks, i thought oil filter but there isn't any in there, I'm hoping gears. Do you just mean external oil lines or other solid lines inside?

I use the white threebond sealer also and have NEVER had a problem like your worried

about...first off the sealer on the inside dried just like your BEAD around the outside...

Its not going anywhere.....the people at Threebond thought of this when they made the sealer I'm sure.... not to worry. Just remember use only enough to cover the mateing

surfaces....

thanks, thats what I was thinking I used too much but I took the top off and there was still lots there to clean off.