Sign in to follow this  

2006 KTM 250SXF Questions?

I just got my 2006 KTM 250SXF. I didn't get the manual yet.

How much oil does the bike take?

I also take it that the oil is all in one not separate chambers like the Honda?

I know to clean the oil screens too since I had a 2004 KTM 450SX.

I must say this bike is way awesome... :ride:

Many Thanks :thumbsup:

Regards

Marc

fill the new oil filter, only has one, with oil and the chamber its in about half then once old oil is drained top it up with 1.1 litres. i jus clean oil screen with cloth and rinse, left 2 dry put back in, ones located in front of gear lever other is in middle under engine!

make sure and do this right and often mines done every 2hour riding and now has reached 50 hour mark with no problems at all, good solid engine, all the best with it :thumbsup:

Ok thanks dude...!

What are you guys using as goes for oil rating? I always used Putoline 10W 40 fully synthetic, as the product Motorex make is 10W 50 fully synthetic.

The manual also states to use 10W 50.

Are you getting better results using 10W 40 or 10W 50 as the manual states? :thumbsup:

Thanks again

Marc

Hundreds of threds on this bike. Invest about 3 hrs reading whats here and ktalk and you will be very happy with how your bike can be modified for your type of riding and the region of the country you live in.

Its rare that the SXF needs valve adjustments. Its just as rare that guys run anything other than motorx 10-50. Some have tried other oils and you will find post as to what has happened.

Follow the manual and do right by this bike. The right lubricants are a small price to pay for all the fun you will have for years to come.

yea sorry forgot to mention i have used the motorex fully synthetic oil now for a year and as i mentioned no troubles. i would advise you to stick with this oil as motorex is what ktm use when designing the bikes and test it with so should do the best job.

don't go with the fully synthetic oils but go with a 10/40 Mineral diesel engine oil like Motorex Cobra or Shell Helix/Rotella.

This is what KTM recomends for the 07 bikes. Don't fill the bike up with oil maximum half in the sight glass which is about 900ml of oil after draining.

I'll definately use Motorex then, and I'll use there 10W 50 rating oil.

Thanks again. I know with the right riding style and good maintainance the bike is really reliable, I'll check the valves like every 5 hours. I'm not a rev limiter jockey so there's no worry about riding style I know how to actually ride and USE fourstroke. People I se racing who come off two strokes (the dumbasses) don't use them they tend just to abuse them which actually doesn't make them any faster but slower, and they have lots of problems with there bikes.

how many bikes do u own?...05 crf250..than a 06 crf250, sold that for a 06rmz, now a ktm....damn where do u get all this money to afford new bikes all the time

I have a job... :thumbsup:

I have just recently purchased a 2007 ktm sxf250 and had heard a rumor that the crank needs to be rebuilt after every 40 hours of riding is this true?