Sign in to follow this  

Stefan Everts crowns his TENTH world title!

Just a moment ago, Stefan Everts has taken his remarkable 10th World title and is the greatest Grand Prix racer ever known in the record books. And still three rounds remaining. That's TEN titles with an unbeatable run in a decade!. His professionalism and approach to racing has change the face of the FIM championship.

If he continues his domination until the end of the last three rounds, he would have had a ''perfect'' season and no one could touch him (won all motos until now)

You've got to give it to him......

He's the greatest champion all times !! :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Since you live in Monaco, doesn't Stefan live there, too? I hear he is friends with the SB riders, Troy Bayliss and Corser, and occasionally goes out for a cycle.

But, yes, Stefan won his title at his home GP. Couldn't have worked out better.

lol doesn't stefan live in belgium :thumbsup:

No, as I've so heard. His residential pad is based in Monaco, predominantly for the land of the rich (check out his profile)

Why doesn't Stephan come and race an outdoor event in the AMA? Do you think he could beat RC?

I knew it wouldn't take long before I saw a response like that. Racer X did a short interview with him a month ago.

Is there any chance that Stefan Everts might just do one season in America before you retire for good?

Stefan: ''I am not interested in America at all. As soon as I decided that I would try and chase Joel Robert's record, then America was not interesting to me. I remember after the USGP at Budds Creek in 1999, Roger De Coster came to me and asked if I was interested in riding for Suzuki America. It was a good offer. It would have been a good idea to race there, because I ended up crashing early in the GP season and that was the start of that two-year period where I was out with injuries. The offer was really interesting, just for the Nationals. Roger was so impressed with my riding, he wanted me. Dave [Grant] could have influenced me to race in America, and according to his plan, it was better not to go. I don’t regret not going, though''

As for beating RC, I don't think anyone could say for sure whether he would or not. You cannot judge both RC and SE on one race (i.e. MX of nations), as both would have to be on a good day to indicate who's faster.

If they were both in a championship, the question would have been easy to answer.

Again, I would ask, why can't RC race an entire FIM championship? Wouldn't it be an achievement to win both major MX championships if he did?

He won't, I know. Maybe it's about the money afterall. Stefan earns peanuts compared to what both Stewart and RC earn.

You can't say he would win, until it proves it.

Probably because of the money, people would call the AMA nationals the premier series. I'm not saying one way or the other, because I don't know much about the FIM.

Didn't Stefan try to come and race a couple of nationals in America at one time, and have problems with the jumps? I may be making that up, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Everts is a great rider no doubt. Props to 10 titles; that's awesome. Who cares if he doesn't race in America or not. Many will chime in to say that he can't hack it here or whatever, but honestly, who cares?? He's better than EVERY registered member of this forum so it really doesn't matter what we think does it?

MX de Nations will be great this year!!

Yeah, who the heck cares. We already know that Stewart and RC are the most insane guys to ever ride an MX bike and they're the only ones from the US who can beat Everts, so the fact that Everts can't beat them isn't that big of a problem for him. The guy has 100 victories now and 10 world titles, so IMO it's not that big of a deal that he doesn't have an AMA title. He is by far the greatest GP rider ever and top three in the world right now with RC, and JS.

Just as a side note, his team L&M Yamaha will be in the US with Chad Reed and Nathan Ramsey in the 250 class.

It's very unlikely that we will see another Stefan Everts again.

Unless his son, Liam Everts follows his father's footsteps. I don't think Liam could be in a better position to have support from two ex professional motocrossers, his father and Grandfather.

Probably not but we'll find out September 24th, Matterly Bay, Winchester, England.

Mx des Nations.

The GOAT and Stefan are retiring this year so this is the very last time you'll get the chance to see these two wheel gods perform.

Be there.

I think it would be cool if RC went and raced in GP for a season or two, then retired.

me too. IMO he's leaving the sport too young. Everts is like an old man compared to RC.

me too. IMO he's leaving the sport too young. Everts is like an old man compared to RC.

True, and believe me, after he had completed a tough and cruelling 35 minute moto, he looks as if he has just done a cycle around the bloc or went to post a letter. Quite a remarkable athlete for his age. There's nothing better than retiring at the top, realising that no one could touch you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Everts cheerleader. As most of you know, motocross is an arduous sport to accomplish ever so repeatingly, like RC and Everts have with many titles to their name.

I will, not doubt, be at the MX of Nations and will report here how it went, including photographs. In fact, I may even start a specific thread for it (transworld style).

Everts has already admitted that RC is a faster rider than he is......

although it is amazing for a rider to have 10 titles AND a perfect season is an amazing feat........dont forget....one of the reasons #72's season has gone so well is because Tortelli is injured and Pichon is also out....that would be like stewart and reed not riding with RC getting a perfect season.......most people feel that the best of the best race in america....Everts is one of the few European greats that hasnt tried to come over and race here....i'm sure the $$$ is a big part of it.....but....it seems like the USA usually turns out better/faster riders.....although a lot of foreigners come here (reed, tortelli, byrne, townley, etc)....i think the ones that dont might be pretty smart.....supercross is very difficult to learn and also not very forgiving...

Again, I would ask, why can't RC race an entire FIM championship? QUOTE]

America is better so stefan should come here