Sign in to follow this  

Just Finished my XR400R street conv.

It turned out pretty nice. Now I have to get all the paperwork in order(Nightmare). It is a little loud with the supertrapp exhaust but the entire system including header was found on Ebay for 90.00. In PA the noise is not a huge issue yet and its nowhere near as loud as 90% of the hardly davids around here. I cant wait to get it out for a legal ride. Btw, the tank is the 4.0 IMS and the plastic is all acerbis, and the kit is from Baja Designs...

newxr2.jpg

Cograts!!! Nice job! Enjoy! But if you do go off road , you'd be best at getting a quiet pipe. Or you'll be shooting yourself in foot/digging you own grave.(deeper) More & more land is being shut down, don't give anyone an excuse. my .02 & others

Squidster,

Very nice scoot! But like Bork said, get rid of that pipe, it's more of an issue than you think. I had a stage 3 motor in my XR 400 and the pipe I really loved was the Pro Circuit 496. It tested at 92db's and let my motor really breathe.

Kiethco, thats good to know, cause a lot of guys in our dual sport club are always looking for a set up. I'm not a fan of supertrapp's cause they bend the air to much . At WOT theres a lot of air moving thru there & thus much backpressure in my opinion.

Built from top to bottom. Balanced, crank work, ported, 426 kit, ss valves, springs, cam, pumper carb, and what ever else the sombeech can do to run up the bill.

Squidrow,

How about a shot from the rear showing rear fender, tail light, and

lic plt holder.

thanks, Corky :ride::thumbsup::applause:

I'm not a big fan of black plastic, but that really looks good. I especially like the rear rack. Nice job!

Well, after a couple of midnight runs around the area, I was convinced. The stock pipe is back on and thats where it will stay. Truthfully, with the holes drilled in as per the mods, its not much less powerful if any than the other muffler. It is however much less noisy and it is nicer to ride. Thanks for the push.