New Black XR4

I like youre thinking, cause I just bought one the other day on ebay and its on its way, also got the N style carbon fiber air box decal waiting to go on. The black plastic is from Acerbis, the tank is an Ims 4.0, the rack was from north cascades motorsports on ebay and I painted it black to match. The headlight plastic is from baja designs and is an acerbis as well. the hand guards are the acerbis rally brush. those foot pegs are the tusk pegs and are incredible compared to the stock ones and I drilled out the mounting holes to accept a larger clevis pin so that any old wobble is gone now. The seat is an SDG tall(very comfortable).

• 3 months later...

Still not licensed yet in PA, the title issue has stopped me almost dead in my tracks. ( I did not get the title when I bought the bike). With some luck it will get done this year. I have been using it in the woods in the meantime and still enjoying it.

Seet looking bike man, also if you are ever looking to replace those bulky DS turning lights, you should look for a pair like these. Not sure who makes them.. No brand name on them and previous owner put them on.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=27353

I just finished doing the same for my bike. You've got determination for sure. When I lived in PA I wouldn't have thought of attempting to plate my XR. It was much easier in WY.

I went with the Baja Designs LED brake light in the back, and the UFO twin bulb headlight setup. Don't have to have signals so that was nice.

I also just put that SDG tall seat on my bike. I love it! It got rid of that swayback that always seemed to push you to the gas tank and made it hard to keep your position on the seat.

Draybob, I agree on the seat, my old one was so worn out you felt the frame on every bump. love the new one.

I also used the bulky signals because they are the only ones DOT approved and the Psycho DMV in PA is so bass ackwards that I figured I would not give them any chances to turn me down. I like the LED's much more.

Diesel- The plastic is all new from Acerbis sorry. (not that expensive though)

• 5 months later...

...finishing up XR400 supermoto conversion just for fun. going all black like yours, but the scott/acerbis distributor sez the black side panels are no longer in production. i've called a bunch of distributors, but nobody has any left in stock. where did you get yours? i'd hate to do the krylon fusion thing, but may have no choice.

thanks for any info.

m

I called acerbis about a month ago, and they didn't have any black panels, (for xr400) so I went the google route and came up with:

http://www.dirtbikestore.co.uk/acatalog/DirtBikeStore_com_Honda_XR_Plastics_114.html

side panels....they are in UK, I bought a pair about a month ago, haven't installed yet...they are not quite as serious as Acerbis, feel just slightly thinner...and the rt side has no foil to prevent melting from exhaust, easy fix w/ foil tape...

w/ shipping to Cali, came out to about 64$...after ordering I got an e-mail that said no longer available....then two weeks later my credit card showed the charge, showed up following week..

I held the side panels in place, the bolt pattern seems right, and the size seemed very close, just waiting to wreck my o.g.'s before swapping out..

krylon, definitely works, if you are willing to touch it up., if you sand a little first to feather in scuff marks etc... (labor intensive)

but once you go black....

peace..