Sign in to follow this  

Here is the easiest way to get an answer.

Thanks...I just ordered one for my newly aquired xr250 ($24)

I got one of these from this guy a week ago. It is basically a well-made copy of the actual manual. It is basically exactly the same as the factory manual except in a different type of binding. Definately worth it to pay only ~$30 as opposed to the factory manual that sells for like $55 plus shipping.

Isn’t this the reason for news groups, to share information, ask questions, give answers?

ummmmm ........... not to be a prude ..... but isnt that illegal??

To copy and sell copyrighted material?

When I ordered one for my 79' XL250S Honda only had one copy left so they photocopied the entire book. It was like 200 pages for the 78-83 XL250S/R.

So for those of you that have purchased this photocopy version....What do you think:

1. Are the diagrams and pictures good

2. Is all the information there in the manual?

I saw this awhile ago and am considering purchasing one.

Isn’t this the reason for news groups, to share information, ask questions, give answers?

Yes, but they don't replace a service manual.

ummmmm ........... not to be a prude ..... but isnt that illegal??

To copy and sell copyrighted material?

Like I said, I thought it was an original. So use your own judgment. At least in this case the original copyright owner (Honda) did get to sell a $5000 dirt bike first.

So for those of you that have purchased this photocopy version....What do you think:

1. Are the diagrams and pictures good

2. Is all the information there in the manual?

I saw this awhile ago and am considering purchasing one.

I have a CD version of a Honda repair manual. At the time I bought it I (stupidly, I know) thought it was an official version. All it was is a Honda Repair manual scanned and burned to a CD. The quality is pretty crappy but it I am able to do everything I need with it. The CD version is good because I just print the pages I want and then toss 'em when I'm done. No greasy manual. I would not buy it again only because I don't like supporting rip-offs.

The one that I got from this guy is actually really good. I would say that the photos are about 95% which is still perfectly usable.

This thing isn't just regular printer paper with photocopies, it is on heavy duty paper with very good quality. The only thing wrong that i noticed with mine was a place where an extra blank page was accidentally inserted. Other than that, you probably wouldn't even know that it wasn't the actual factory manual other than from the way the book is bound.

I don't support copyright infringers but I do support saving myself $20! :thumbsup::ride: