Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125l Chain and Sproket

Ok people im real tired of my chain comin off. Second time in 2 weeks. What i need help doing is what kind of chaing should i buy i really need exact measurements. and whether it should be non-o-ring or o-ring. and i guess the sprokets have some teeth width or something. i need both back and front. i tried searchin found some help but everytime the post got interesting someone changed the subject or didnt reply if it worked out.

never had my chain come off since i bought (5 months ago) but my friend had the same problem with his...

check out www.bbrmotorsports.com and go to the blowoutsale and they had sprockets half price but no chains..if you get a different size sprockets the chain length will very tho.. to be safe get a 120 link chain and take links out till it fits :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the chain coming off. I have only had it happen once. It happened on the ice after a long season. I found out my spokes were very loose and the chain itself was very loose. The combination made it come off.

Sprockets stock is 13 54 with a 428 non-oring chain. Just go to the Thumpertalk store here or go here: http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/ttr125_p2.htm

Good luck

Yeah i would like to get a chain guide but i need a cheap one lack of money is causing me not to spend a lot of money on my bike.

O-ring type chain and a BBR chain guide :thumbsup:

Ok i went to a local dealer and he gave some advice to see if my chain and sprokets needed to be replaced he said if i could pull the chain away from the back sproket then replace them. So i need a sprokets. i was wondering which size to get becuase bbr sells some different ones. and what will the difference be.

You're in luck, because they are selling them at 1/2 price. Stock is 54 (big wheel), so 54 or 53. You chain will still come off if you don't get a real chain guide, especially if your trail ride it. (rocks and steep uphills)

You're in luck, because they are selling them at 1/2 price. Stock is 54 (big wheel), so 54 or 53. You chain will still come off if you don't get a real chain guide, especially if your trail ride it. (rocks and steep uphills)

It isn't guaranteed that it will fall off. I didn't even have a chain guide on mine for a long time, and it NEVER popped off. Trust me, I was doing some hard trail riding. The reason I didn't have a chain guide was because of my friend. I came off a 15 foot double, and landed on a wheelie, he was doing donuts on his quad ( :thumbsup: ) , his rear wheel clipped my rear end, and it snapped half of the white chain guide off. I took the rest of it off and rode for at least 8 months on it. Never did come off like that. So, I say the absolute necessary parts needed would be sprockets and chain for now, and as soon as you can get a good chain guide.

that white peice of plastic does nothing :thumbsup: useless

It does a little bit, but I agree on it being useless.

My XR had the same lame white guide too. It never came off while riding motocross (hard). In fact, I did a post saying I never have my chain come off ever. Then a week after the post, I was stuck at the bottom of a loose rocky hill trying to clutch it to go up. The dam chain came about four times :thumbsup: . I was so pissed, I would of sold the bike for a ride home. It even came off on the ride back home. Needless to say I ordered a BBR chain guide the next day and wouldn't ride without one ever again. It's one thing to have your chain come off when your truck is a 100 feet away, it's another to have it come off 10 miles away. Just better safe than sorry.

Just beater safe than sorry

Words to live by, especially if you go on long rides. A properly adjusted chain "shouldn't" come off but why chance it. The most common time for the chain to come off is when ridding in deep sand or thick mud. My 426 came stock with one and I added one to my wifes 125le "just to be safe" :thumbsup:

Lol how is it useless if it does something? :thumbsup:

Its not a necessary piece to the bike. It helps a little in some situations, but isn't needed.