Sign in to follow this  

Mamma's got a brand new ride....

Check out the new ride here:

http://www.fototime.com/F671185B324FA87/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/C779C8EA80859EC/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/5792B693B63268D/orig.jpg

Found a new left over 2005 locally that I picked up for cost. Threw in a chest protector too.

What needs to be done to this ride to make it bullet proof. What are the weak points? Any suggestions.....

Thanks for the help..

Cool bike!

It looks like it needs a frame cradle. Then get you some:

1. Stronger bars

2. Hand guards

3. Comfortable grips.

Check BBR for the frame cradle.

I would say the only weak point the 230's have is the drum rear brake and the short suspension travel. If you're only putting on trails, that bike will be more than enough

Cool bike!

It looks like it needs a frame cradle. Then get you some:

1. Stronger bars

2. Hand guards

3. Comfortable grips.

Check BBR for the frame cradle.

I would say the only weak point the 230's have is the drum rear brake and the short suspension travel. If you're only putting on trails, that bike will be more than enough

Doesn't it already have a frame cradle? Looks black, I'm not sure though.

That 230 is deffinetly a nice bike. Like stated, you're going to want to get stronger bars. The stockers will bend easily after laying it off. Since you're going to be doing trail riding on it, some good strong handgaurds.

By the way, nice KTM. :thumbsup:

Doesn't it already have a frame cradle? Looks black, I'm not sure though.

Oh, I see it now. I originally thought it was set up like the TT-R 125

Weak points: no cradle, shifter, rims, carb, no chain guide, stock tires, cdi, heavy fly wheel.

Thanks for the replies guys.... It's definately the wifes trail bike so no need to make it a racer.

All good suggestions. I have some more comfortable grips that I will put on for her and I will get some hand guards for it. The stock tires will be perfect for what she wants to ride so I won't worry about that....and the stock frame cradle should withstand anything she wants to plow through.

I've ridden it around the yard a few times and it lofts the wheel pretty good in second gear.... makes me wonder what it might do without the plug in the exhaust... but I want it to remain as quiet as possible so I will leave it alone.

Anyone tried an FMF Q on one of these?

Again... thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

I've ridden it around the yard a few times and it lofts the wheel pretty good in second gear.... makes me wonder what it might do without the plug in the exhaust... but I want it to remain as quiet as possible so I will leave it alone.

Anyone tried an FMF Q on one of these?

Again... thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

If the 230 is anything like the 250, then cutting the airbox, jetting, and pulling the baffle out of the exhaust should get you to about 85% of the bikes performance potential

Weak points: no cradle, shifter, rims, carb, no chain guide, stock tires, cdi, heavy fly wheel.

Look again.....it's a 230 NOT a 125 :thumbsup:

Look again.....it's a 230 NOT a 125 :ride:

See what happens when you get old!! :thumbsup: