Sign in to follow this  

Just Picked Up My New 50 Yesterday! What Now?

bbr is the worst barkit there is, sorry..

hd springs, pegs, seat, borekit, shock, +1's, frame, swingarm, forks.

sano red baron and pro taper i like the sano the best cuz u get a billet throttlr w it

Whats so bad about the BBR bar kit? I have it on my 50 and love it.

Next thing you should do is get some BBR springs for the front and rear to make it suitable for an adult sized rider.. make sure to order some delrin bushings while you're at it so you only have to take the forks apart once... it's a greasy mess to do so don't skimp on the bushings just spend the 35 more dollars

then ride thee hell out of it till you decide what you want next...most likely you'll decide to get a TB 88cc kit to give it the power to pull you uphill in third.. get at least the stage 2 if you do

from there, if you like street stunting get a 12 bar, hand brake and pegs.. if you like dirt, get a longer swinger and an I-shock to go with it. Then save up for some BBR SP-5 forks or a set from an xr70 that have been modified to fit the 50.. Dirt costs a lot more than street when you starte getting serious about it

EDIT: BTW.. i think the only thing wrong with the BBR handle bar setup is that the bars bend easy and the throttle is plastic and will break pretty easy too.. other than that it's fine.. the only REAL part you have to worry about is the clamp. i have the BBR clamp and love it.. thrown my bike down on pavement in 3rd gear wide open and the clamp held beautifully but i finally bent my Haro bars that day :thumbsup:

no my bike is way past the barkit stage lol

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=13932

why are you defending the kit so much kid? all im sayin is theres much better stuff on the market. its not worth it to buy a kit when most of the components will need replacing. but hey maybe i just ride harder than you. its a BUDGET kit.

end.

I got the Pro Taper kit with the adjustable bar clamps. I had no problems with a BBR kit. I then installed a Pro wheel rear shock. Takes some modifications to the flywheel cover and case. At the same time installed Red Baron Chromoly fork legs and Two Brothers springs. I stunt it, so I left the engine pretty much stock. I'm sure some else has pointers in that department.

Let's keep this thread on the topic of mods for ridiculous247's 50.

If it wanders back the way things were, this thread will be closed.

Chickenhauler

TT Moderator

Whats so bad about the BBR bar kit? I have it on my 50 and love it.

Too right there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bbr kit they are all pretty much the same... you cant say that one is far better than the other its just personal preference...

i would say hd springs is all you need for a whyle you can have hours of fun on a near stock bike...