Sign in to follow this  

Going from CR85 to 105cc

Hi guys! My son and I have decided that this winter when we would normally just do a top end, we're going to go with a 105cc kit on both of our bikes. Does anyone know the answeres to any of the following questions???

1) What is the approximate stock power and what is the output of the big kit?

2) Is it just a bigger bore or bore AND stroke mods?

3) Any reliability issues with such a kit?

4) Where could I get the parts and/or work done?

Thanks in advance!! :ride:

Oh, by the way, we found out that the stock CR85 is faster than a Honda 500 utility quad, faster than the 250EX quad and dead even with the 400ex quad both in terms of acceleration and top speed. :thumbsup:

Hi guys! My son and I have decided that this winter when we would normally just do a top end, we're going to go with a 105cc kit on both of our bikes. Does anyone know the answeres to any of the following questions???

1) What is the approximate stock power and what is the output of the big kit?

2) Is it just a bigger bore or bore AND stroke mods?

3) Any reliability issues with such a kit?

4) Where could I get the parts and/or work done?

:

1. Stock hp on the CR85 is 20.7 The 105 kit will put your bike over 25hp

(depends on who is building it)

2. To get to 105cc's the motor will need to be stroked. I talked to the guys at Pro Circuit and they do a big bore to 103cc (aprox cost $1500)

3.There will be reliability issues with a stroked motor. if you don't have the jetting perfect, or the right gas/oil mix, or something as simple as putting 2 washers on the sparkplug (some motors) Simply put, the 105cc bike is fast, but not as reliable as a bored/ported motor.

4. There is numerous builders around the US. Some better than others.

We had Terry Varner do our motors, simply because he knows Hondas. He built all of the Allessi bikes when they were amateurs.

Pro Circuit does good work

JM Racing is really good

PR2 is really good

There are lots of others out there, but I don't know much about their work. Sorry

Hope this helps

Wow, thanks for that info. I think we may change our minds based on the fact that it's alot more $ than we thought for not that much more HP, especially if reliability will be reduced. Well, that's why we asked! Thanks very much.

Call R&D Racing--562-864-8218--talk to Dean--they built and build the fastest minis in the world---they built George Hollands,Scott Burnworths,Brian Myerscough,Erik Kehoe,Eli Tomac

Call R&D Racing--562-864-8218--talk to Dean--they built and build the fastest minis in the world---they built George Hollands,Scott Burnworths,Brian Myerscough,Erik Kehoe,Eli Tomac

R&D is very good with RM's and KX's, but not as good with Honda's.

JM Racing is very good with Honda, as is Varner, Pro Circuit and others out there. You just need to shop around and talk to guys that have had major mod work done to their 85's. Moto814 is very good. Max Power in Madison, WI does good overbore kits. They are a part of RPM Motorsports and have been building overbore kits for a long time.