Sign in to follow this  

which one would you choose?

Garmin Etrex Legend

or

Garmin Etrex Vista

Both have $50 mail in rebate!

It seems the main extra features of the Vista would be color, waterproof and more memory storage. But if it got stolen it's and extra $150 down the drain.

Help!

You'll want waterproof if you plan to mount it on your bike. I have a GPS IV which is monochrome, The color would be better because they are way easier to read, especially when you are moving on the trail. I use a cycoactive mount and the GPS snaps off n a second, Easy to remove so you don't need to worry about it getting ripped off!

etrex legend but in color 250.00 at gpscity.com. If you are on a budget go with the etrex venture cx. Its color and has the removeable micro SD slot that you want and its 200.00 at gpscity.com (thats what I have and am happy with it)

Garmin Etrex Legend

or

Garmin Etrex Vista

Both have $50 mail in rebate!

It seems the main extra features of the Vista would be color, waterproof and more memory storage. But if it got stolen it's and extra $150 down the drain.

Help!

The vista also has a built in compass which is nice if you are sitting still looking at a map, also has a barometric altimeter (great for elevation accuracy). They both have the same waterproof rating. Memory would be the main thing i would look at, holds more map info. I would personally go with the vista. Color is nice to have to for differentiating terrain. Either one would serve you well. :thumbsup::ride:

I have the vista C and I think it is great. I have a neoprene case that is mounted on the handle bars. I also bought MapSource for street addresses. It is amazing what that little thing can do: altitude and the compass are 2 great features. Never had the legend, so I can't help there.

I bought mine on ebay for a very good deal.

go with the vista. I have the legend (not in color) but played with a buddies of mine color vista and it was soooooo much better.

I think im gonna get the Vista. But theres so many things I need/want before I go on my trip that Im having trouble pulling the trigger on all of them.

You can only spend what the buget allows, so make sure it comes with good maps for the place you plan to ride.

It may require an additional purchase of detailed maps or map loaded memory before you get the detail you want.

That can co$t $$. :thumbsup:

get the vista... the electronic compass comes in handy when you aren't moving and the barameter is cool when low pressure and storms go thru the area. I love my vista and ram mount.

Legand C here, full color and more memory. Pics in My Garage.

(May now be called Legand CX):ride:

Neil. :thumbsup::applause::applause:

The "x" in the model number apparently is for the removable memory.

I just checked my e-mail and one of the things that I had on Ebay sold "buy it now" for exactly $279.95. The Vista CX is $279.05 shipped. I bought the Vista and still have a shiny nickle left over. Life is good!