Sign in to follow this  

Whoops!

done the same thing except i was crossing the little brook that ended up to be 3+ ft deep :thumbsup: it was a kodak moment

You need to knock the F off of those pants!

Ha! Yeah, and maybe add an "OH" before it, right?!

:thumbsup:

Bike is fine, fortunately...

I shut her off before any water got sucked into the cylinder. We had to tip it up on it's end to drain the exhaust, and we had to drain the float bowl several times, but she eventually fired up and carried me for another 20 miles of trail riding.

There was no sign of water in the oil. But I'm gonna change the oil and filter to be on the safe side, and drop the float bowl and clean it out, too.

Damn, you need one of those airbox snorkels the extreme 4x4 guys run! :thumbsup: Maybe a periscope too! :ride:

I think it's a testament to the DRZ's submarine reputation, since it was running perfectly, after just a few minutes of draining the floatbowl. And then I rode it the rest of the day, without any problems.

I firmly believe the drz is amphibious. I find that puddles are all about 4" deep at 80km/h :thumbsup:

I have never sunk mine like you did though- great bike!

I hope not to do it again, Robb...

One photo opp like that is enough for me.

Smart move killing the engine when ya did, some guys wouldn't have thought about it until it was to late! Good move :thumbsup:

I take my DRZ in water that is always to the bottom of the tank and higher. There are miles of short technical trails broken up by stream (sometimes river) crossings. :ride:

The most important thing in the water is go in hard and come out hard, and if you sink kill the engine and wait for your buddies. Most of the time we are laughing for a few minutes before we break out the ropes... :applause:

Great pic man, and glad to hear it all worked out. Should be your new avatar. :thumbsup:

Bill...

I this case, continuing was not an option. The trench gets deeper as you move along, and the bottom is lined with thick mud that even your boots get stuck in.

It took a huge amount of effort to drag the bike out, backwards, because of the sticky and deep mud on the bottom. Another few feet and the bike would have been completely submerged, with the water over the bars, and the mud over the axles.

Been there, done it, got the "T" shirt. It sure did get a smile going once we got it started, and gives me a story to bench race about until I die. eeh haw!!!!!!!!