Has anyone seen this huge whole in Mexico?

These is what appears to be a huge tide pool or something about 5 miles North West of El Rosario. I saw it on Google Earth & wanted to check it out. Here is a pic a some GPS cord.

30* 06' 38.33* N

115* 47' 16.92* W

wholeinthegroundCustom.jpg

Here is the Goggle Earth link if you have not used it before:

http://download-earth.org/?engine=adwords!722&keyword=%28googleearth%29&match_type=&gclid=CPLZ4aL2y4YCFSdBDgodbGLB4Q

The best part of this software is you can view your gpx files off you GPS! I have a bunch of saved lines from others. It is worth checking out.

I agree it does look like water. I am going w/a friend to Erendria on thurs. I made a map so we can get do it. I'm not sure if we'll get down there or not. Its just me and a friend to we'll probaly go down to the shipwreck have lunch then come back. If I get down there I'll take a pic & let you guys know.

• 1 year later...

I like your last pic dan. How did you get that one. My dad didn't tell me you fell in....lol

By the way I was tryin' to lead people on with my last pic so they would think that the green circular pond like feature I posted first in Google Earth turned out to be just a circulation pond for an Abulon camp. oh well, I guess I didn't catch anyone.... They must have seen the David k. post. busted!

Anyway, were goin' back down to Mama Espinoza's on the 4th of July, you wanna' go again?

9b021754.jpg

edc3d7e9.jpg

eae6b7ce.jpg

6e153863.jpg

So anyway the whole is real. There is truly an Abulon camp there aswell. From the looks of it they are constructing ponds (or pools) all the way to the waters edge to filter out the water. hey Dan how bout' a ride report? ?

I still haven't seen the pics you took.