Sign in to follow this  

A little help from you UK guys! ?

Ok, After sound advise from Neil Claydon :thumbsup: I managed to get my tank off and able to access the carb in about 20 mins.

The problem is i dont have a JIS Screwdriver. Any1 know whers a good idea to look for one??

Also went to WSB today @ Brands Hatch! :applause: Was really good!

Talking to the Scorpion Exhaust Rep, they have a Full system for sale for my 06 SM. :applause:

I asked if i need to adjust the carb at all and he said that i wouldnt need to!

I am going to get the tail pipe as its e-marked and has removable baffles :ride: but im hesitant as to his advise on the carb, IS He Right??? I know the silencer alone will do nothing for my performance, but I just want a nicer sound and i love the scorpion sounds!!

any help will be greatly appreciated!

:applause::applause:

The screwdriver bits I use came from Snap On, I just flagged a van down in the street.

The Scorpion system will do little for power, and does need re-jetting, but I suppose it is cheap as well.

You will get more power from an FMF PowerBomb header and a UK E silencer, cheaper still, but loud.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Well i looked on Snap On's website and i cannot find anything. It is a USA site tho! TUT!

I've never even seen a snap on van in the area so i got no chance of doing what you did! Tried Halfords who have no idea of &%$#@! a JIS scredriver is haha. Gona try local car parts shops too, probably no idea either tho :ride:

im destined not to take this restrictor off!!! and i dont wana risk buggering the screw by using a non JIS screwdriver!

Im not too bothered about additional power right now! I'm loving the power it gives and i want a nice sound but still road legal! Scorpion is the only option available as far as i've seen. I might go for a powerbomb header after a while!

Any1 know of any websites i can get a JIS screwdriver off, (thats in the UK, or is cheap shipping!)

:thumbsup:

Cheers!

dont worry about the screws. JIS denomination just means they are very consistently built philip's drivers.

Use a good philip's and go at it.

Same advise here. Buy a good Phillips and/or a few of the replaceable bits for power drivers and try a few in the screws and use one that fits best. There is a noticeable difference in screwdriver bits.