Sign in to follow this  

Turbo?

I must say that that is VERY bad ass. I would love one of those on my bike... if it works.

lol, a sweet idea, but all it would do is create a extreme lean condition, common, we know guys, more flow more gas. I cant beleive they didnt include jetting suggestions. I was thinking about putting a shop vac blower on a beater 50, but it would just be too much guessing, trying to get the air/fuel mix right.

lol, a sweet idea, but all it would do is create a extreme lean condition, common, we know guys, more flow more gas. I cant beleive they didnt include jetting suggestions. I was thinking about putting a shop vac blower on a beater 50, but it would just be too much guessing, trying to get the air/fuel mix right.

It doesnt quite work like that. Higher velocity through the venturi results in a richer mixture

Besides, it wouldnt work because there is no control system for the blower.

It says fan speed is controlled by the provided cdi. If my bike had a battery i would give it a try.

it's a fan....i doubt it'll make more than 1 psi of boost. IF that.

i thought about turbocharging the hundo once.....get a high flow oil pump and run it directly to a K03 turbo, the exhaust would be pretty easy, not to many cuts to make it work, the intake could be made pretty straight forward too.

the only think i think about is if the exhaust from the hundo will create enough pressure to spin the turbine up to speed, so it can create even a small amount of usable boost.

it'd be a fun project, maybe one day when i get another bike to do my tricks on (wheeleing a bike with a turbo would be HARD).

It says fan speed is controlled by the provided cdi. If my bike had a battery i would give it a try.

I dont see enough wires in the pic for there to be a sensing circuit. I just asked the seller how the CDI (which it isnt a CDI anyway) senses engine RPM.

Can't work as shown. Stock carbs are not designed to have their inlet pressurized. Putting the carb upstream of the blower might work, if the thing can actually blow enough air. Plumbing the carb vents to the inlet might work also.

I'm with Phil. It's a f**king electric fan. The electrical system cannot provide enough energy to spin that fan hard enough to create any sort of boost. Cute idea, probably does more to screw up your jetting than any other product ever designed.

I guessed I missed something in Physics 101,

"Due to the spinning motion, the air has a higher oxygen content."

Now tell me again how that works???

I guessed I missed something in Physics 101,

"Due to the spinning motion, the air has a higher oxygen content."

Now tell me again how that works???

[Cliff Claven Voice]Oh yea, It's the little known oxygen spin effect first discovered by Leonid Bullshitzki in Russia during WW II. Because your oxygen atom is slightly higher in mass conpared to your nitrogen, centripetal force pushes it to the out side and the nitrogen then gets sucked out the center due to the vacuum. [/Cliff Claven Voice]

I have a solar powered cloths dryers for sale for $100. Guaranteed! (Piece of rope. Tie it up between two trees and hang cloths on it.)

Insect killer. Guaranteed to kill all insects and contains no harmfull chemicals. $50 plus shipping. (Two bricks. Place bug on brick one and slam with brick two.)

There's one born every minute.

[Cliff Claven Voice]Oh yea, It's the little known oxygen spin effect first discovered by Leonid Bullshitzki in Russia during WW II. Because your oxygen atom is slightly higher in mass conpared to your nitrogen, centripetal force pushes it to the out side and the nitrogen then gets sucked out the center due to the vacuum. [/Cliff Claven Voice]

:thumbsup::ride::applause: Hahahahahaaha!

Gotta love cheers! :applause:

How on earth would the CDI on an xr 75/80/100 provide enough power to turn that blower fast enough to do anything but obstruct airflow?

And im also a little scetchy on the "air filter" on the end of it. It looks more like a backfire screen.

How on earth would the CDI on an xr 75/80/100 provide enough power to turn that blower fast enough to do anything but obstruct airflow?

battery power