Sign in to follow this  

stock bar mounts

Has anybody tried any aftermarket bar mounts? Everytime that I go down with this bike the bar mounts get tweeked. The two bottom mounts with the rubber cones get tweeked and I have to straighten everything back out. I guess that there doing there job if it;s to keep the bars from bending, but I have oversized bars. Does anybody know if a company makes the top one piece bar mount for the 450? That might hold it in place alittle bit better.

There is a aftermarket solution. Unfortunately I don't recall who the manufacture is. I do know that it has been brought up in this forum before though. Try doing a search. I'm sure something will come up.

When you go down...and the bars get tweeked...Sit on the bike...If the bars are tweeked to the right jam the bars to the left against the turn stop and vise versa. It is an easy fix and is better to have the bars move in the clamps a bit then to have bent bars.

It's not a left or right tweek, it's an up or down tweek. The bar mounts either move forward or back in the cones depending on how it hits. You can't straighten it like that. You have to take the bar mounts off and fix the rubber cones and put it all back together. Does anybody know if RG3 is making upper triple calmps for the 450?

RG3 makes the 4 post rubber mounted factory KX Brown Top clamp that is way better than the stocker.

I had the same problem with the twist and shout every time I lay her down. Just got the RG3 clamp and I'm Lovin' it

you can have some cones made to replace the stock ones

I did and have not had any problems

I think Applied has a clamp for it, Motosport shows one anyway but I haven't tried it. I'm having the same issue and getting tired of having to tweak it back each time.

I think Applied has a clamp for it, Motosport shows one anyway but I haven't tried it. I'm having the same issue and getting tired of having to tweak it back each time.

Yeah, it is getting to be a major pain. Sure, the correct fix is to learn to ride better and not fall but that would take all the fun out of it! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to find a fix soon. My rubber bushings are getting pretty squashed and even small falls in the sand are resulting in some pretty tweaked bars. If someone has a relatively cheap fix, I'd much appreciate it.

I have an RG3 four post top clamp (fat bar) that's only a month old for $225 if anyone's interested. The rubber mounted four post design is excellent, eliminates twisting of the bars and you can really notice an improvement in vibration and shock absorption. The only reason I'm selling is they just came out with the full clamp set with 20mm offset.

BRP makes a Top for your bar clamp (Just the top of your Handle-Bar clamp...not the whole Triple-Clamp) that's worked on my KX500 for over a decade (Including several NASTY get-offs in the Dez!).

I think you can replace the cones with the Applied cones and retain the stock clamps.. the Applied cones are much firmer, almost like urethane instead of rubber. You'll definitely get more vibeage, but less tweakage. Life is a compromise, dirtbikes more so.