Sign in to follow this  

I got lucky

I have an 00 drze model. As of this past winter I still did not need a valve adj. I ride my wr the most and have not spent very many miles on the zuki. However, I did two rides over a 4 week period totaling about 1500 miles. This is probobly close to the total miles that are on the bike. Well when I went to clean it after returning from the second trip it would not start. I tried kicking it and noticed that there was not the usual compression that I was use to. I would normaly nurse it just past the compression stroke to kick it. Upon checking the valves my one intake was totaly closed. I went from a 280 to a 255 shim. :ride: This seems like a huge jump. Should I be checking anything else ? The bike started right up and ran just fine after the replacement. Sounds like I maby just blew it when checking the valves last time. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.Seems odd though. All the others valves are still within spec and have not needed any shim change since the bike was new. Can I get by with just replaceing the one valve or do them all. Also who was the guy that stepped up to take care of a couple of the Kibblewhite problems ? I don"t recall his name. He uses the, is it Federer valves?

This bikes future will be more of a dual sport type bike. Anything else I might want to change other than a timing chain? The bike might have maby 125 hours at most

Thanks