Sign in to follow this  

best 250

I'm thinking about a smoker 250, I've gone againest the idea about sharing the bike with my brother. I like the CR's and YZ's but I'm not sure which is better. My price range is about 1600-1700 which do you guys think is better. I like both the companies but I have never ridden either one of their 250's.

either one would be a good choice.....your price range means you would have to get an older one. in that case i would say honda...everything they make is good..from a generator to a car...i prefer kawi myself..but they will all do a tap dance on your chest if you're not careful :thumbsup:

either one would be a good choice.....your price range means you would have to get an older one. in that case i would say honda...everything they make is good..from a generator to a car...i prefer kawi myself..but they will all do a tap dance on your chest if you're not careful :thumbsup:

Yeah I was little turned off by KAwi after my KDX and I wanted to go back to Honda or try a Yamaha

I would go with a yamaha. My buddies '01 YZ250 is a very reliable bike with plenty of power. It has a nice hit that makes it fun but the hit is not so huge that it makes it unrideable

if u want to have it for a long time... go with the honda. Really good stuff. However, the newer bikes seem to be not so great in the engine department... if u want to get top o da line on that area, the YZ is where u should look

I got a 2000 YZ250, and it's great for everything. Trail riding, or hitting the MX track. I have no idea about the CR250, but between the KX250 and the YZ250 I would choose the YZ....although it seemed like the KX had more power. My YZ seems like it pulls good from the bottom all the way through.

the yz250 motor is bulletproof i have a couple friends with them and there really sweet bikes...the power is the same as the CR but the CR has way more hit...which may make it less fun for you to ride...id go with the YZ because its just as fast without the hard hitting...

the yz250 motor is bulletproof i have a couple friends with them and there really sweet bikes...the power is the same as the CR but the CR has way more hit...which may make it less fun for you to ride...id go with the YZ because its just as fast without the hard hitting...either way youll have a nice biek :thumbsup:

vinilla can i ask what was wrong with your kdx??

It just keeps breaking down tons of little problems and one after another and my clutch just doesn't want to work for some reason

Look, the 01 cr250 was the most powerful 250 honda had made. The bike isnt whats going to make you good but only the rider. Its 95 percent rider and 5 percent bike but like what eric gorr says, you better make that 5 percent count.

Look, the 01 cr250 was the most powerful 250 honda had made. The bike isnt whats going to make you good but only the rider. Its 95 percent rider and 5 percent bike but like what eric gorr says, you better make that 5 percent count.

I'm fully aware of this

so what were you going for when you bought the CR500, i think your bike is a little more like 2-3% because you have to be a pretty good rider to hang on to that thing :thumbsup: