Sign in to follow this  

top seed on cr85

mine hits 65-70 on flat pavement up to 80 downhill on pavement

mine hits 65-70 on flat pavement up to 80 downhill on pavement

Do you have a speedometer?

Do you have a speedometer?

no i use a gps which records top speed

no i use a gps which records top speed

No way it does 70! My 150 does 60 and buddies 85's barly pull away at 63. My 250 does 80 flat ground.

my yz 125 does around 80 on flat, so your not hitting 75-80, because when i use o ride my 80 against my friends stock yz 125, when i was topped out he would pull away no problem and still had 2 more to go.

i use a gps, it records the top speed you hit it recorded 78 on a ride that we rode down a hill on pavement, i have tried top speed on flat pavement many times and it records between 65 and 70 every time. you can come over and watch me get a 65-70 mph top speed every time any time you want

No way it does 70! My 150 does 60 and buddies 85's barly pull away at 63. My 250 does 80 flat ground.

are you saying your 150 should be faster than my 80? not to be mean but a 150 4 stroke weighs almost 70 pounds more and has only about 13-15 horsepower my 80 makes between 22-25, do the math

A 26hp CR85 with 17" DT tires and 15/40 gearing has been clocked at the Indy Mile oval at 91mph. Tdub

are you saying your 150 should be faster than my 80? not to be mean but a 150 4 stroke weighs almost 70 pounds more and has only about 13-15 horsepower my 80 makes between 22-25, do the math

If you had any brains you could read in my post that the 85 was in fact faster then the 150. But just not that fast

If you had any brains you could read in my post that the 85 was in fact faster then the 150. But just not that fast

ok sorry i missed that, was the 85 stock?

A 26hp CR85 with 17" DT tires and 15/40 gearing has been clocked at the Indy Mile oval at 91mph. Tdub

His 80, Wich obviously is set up to ride, Not hit record speed, Would not come close to 91. or 75 for that matter.

ok sorry i missed that, was the 85 stock?

fmf rev pipe, shorty silencer, V-force 3 reeds, 46 tooth rear sprocket, ported.

No hard feelings :thumbsup:

His 80, Wich obviously is set up to ride, Not hit record speed, Would not come close to 91. or 75 for that matter.

your right it would not hit 75 on flat pavement under its own power, i said it hit 78 going downhill on pavement, i had it pinned in 6th gear going down a rather steep hill on pavement and hit 78, i hit between 65 and 70 on flat pavement 6th gear pinned

your right it would not hit 75 on flat pavement under its own power, i said it hit 78 going downhill on pavement, i had it pinned in 6th gear going down a rather steep hill on pavement and hit 78, i hit between 65 and 70 on flat pavement 6th gear pinned

You could get a bicyle going 60 downhill. "top speed" is usually how fast a machine can go under its own power.