Sign in to follow this  

JD Jetting???

I finally got to test my JD kit at elevation today in Colorado. We were riding at around 9000ft on average and 70 degrees and the bike actually ran horrible. 2003 YZ250F stock except vortex X-10 ignition and a Pro Circuit type 496 slip on exhaust. James w/JD suggested stock pilot, AS 1 ¾ turns out, 175 main, and red needle in the No.4 position. The bike barely would take off from a stop without getting up high in the rpms and slowly slipping out the clutch, Then while riding, if you were in a higher gear and tried to just ride, the motor would start cracking and popping and sputtering like it was running out of fuel(towards the end of the day I thought I was out of fuel but I was wrong) and totally GUTLESS. Going up hills was even worse. CRACK,POP Sputter, until I would hit a lower gear and twist the throttle almost wide open or start slipping the clutch excessively and roll on the throttle to ¾ or full throttle and it would then pick up power. Other than that, The bike was pure gutless pig. Worse than it has EVER been since new. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I know the kit will work, I just need to know where to start adjusting.

???OWENLO??? :thumbsup:

I live in Breck, Co and ride from 9,550 to 12,500 ft. 2005 WR250 w/Q2 slip on and power now.

AS- 2 1/2 turns out

main jet- 155

needle clip at 3rd from bottom

everything else in the carb is stock

crisp at all revs

So you are not using the JDKit? I was thinking of going back to my stock needle and using a smaller main myself. I will try your setting and see what happens. Sounds like your bike has almost the same setup as mine except the jetting. Thanks for the input. I will let you know what happens when I adjust it to your settings.

Thanks,

Owenlo :thumbsup: