Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Country (just outside Cincinnati, OH) today

Just a couple helmet cam pieces I did this afternoon at Dirt Country:

The Gravity Cavity - fairly large double jump. It's one of those that's actually really easy, but it's damn intimidating. All you see is a dirt wall as you approach it. :ride:

This is one lap around the track - was following my buddy.

The part of the video, right after the rhythm section and left hander, where I look at the tank was to avoid the roost. That stuff hurts... :thumbsup:

yea, it's a nice track. used to race there back in 2000 on 80's. not sure how much they've changed, but me and the other "fast" 80 guys would do everything there, althouh i tried the triple and came up short... ouch.

-edit, after wathcin the video it looks like they run the track backwards now, and it's very different. the cavity used to be much different and you'd have to actually lay the bike over in the air for the sweeper that was right after it. i def. like the old layout better.

I live in lancaster, havn't got a chance to go there yet. Nothing to big there but it looks good. Ill have to check it out sometime.

Nice, I might have to go to that place. Could you tell me where it is exactly? Or is there a website? Thanks.

Am I on an XR? Doh. :thumbsup:

CRF450R

Dirt Country sucks compared to a couple years ago. They run the track backwards now, about 1/4 of the track's gone, there's no flow. It used to be a killer track... The big jumps down the front straight are all gone - now it's a series of lame table tops and step offs. They moved the starting gate from over by the tunnel to over by the dirt drag strip, tunnel is gone, the long straights are gone and the ski jump, run backwards is pretty boring. You hit the first lip on it now and just sail over the whole thing. (it's the jump right after I look down at the tank in the video)

By chance do you know Ben Beyers? He was racing 80s and then moved on to 125A back about that time.

Yes, the Cavity was harder the other way - less upward and more outward off the take off jump (which is now the landing jump). It used to be really easy to over jump it and that always hurt... - I agree - if you were long at all, making the corner was a challenge.

Distance between the peaks is 40 feet? The jumps are about 12 - 15' high. We've stood beside the jump many times trying to figure out just how high you get over it - your head's probably 25 or so feet off the ground at the peak of your flight.

It's one of those really intimidating jumps to get over the first time, then you wonder why it took you so long to do. Probably one of the easiest jumps on the track.

It's located on State Route 133 outside Blanchester. http://www.dirtcountrymx.com/

sorry k-fab. I thought it was an xr because the bike revs so slowly. I guess you just werent on the gas

Wow.. I didn't know that track still existed, I raced there on a kx80, I estimate about 20 years ago !! The video didn't bring any memories though, I vaguely remember a good size tabel top jump across a tunnel & then a sweeping turn through the tunnel, and some big doubles.... I got 5th... one and only race there. I remember big crowds and the place was intimidating... to a kid on a 80....

Wow, they really did hack down the size of that track. I rode 125d(school boy) class there about 15 years ago. I remember one of the straits used to go along the mud bog pit. Is that even there still? The tunnel was sweet and the nast tripple coming out of a left hander.

IF any of you guys plan on riding there soon give me a call .. I live 15 minutes from that track and about 30 from New Vienna .. I was just there on Sunday and it was my first time doing the gravity cavity .. Ive only been back on a bike for a few months total now, so it has been my biggest jump. A good time though!

513-205-4470

Name is Jarred