Sign in to follow this  

For those who have the DRC edge

How do you mount the stock turn signals back to the bike. The kit seems to be missing some sort of bracket

With mine I had to buy signal stays...think thery were like $4.00 for the pair.

some have used zinc plated "L" brakets from the hardware store

How do you mount the stock turn signals back to the bike. The kit seems to be missing some sort of bracket

I don't know.A lot of folks also mount the DRC LED turn signals along with the Edge/Edge II or some other similar brand to streamline the appearance of the tail.That's what I did.You can buy the steel DRC turn signal stays or fabricate your own from steel or aluminum and paint it to match which is what I did.I guess you could unfasten the rear signals and mount them to some 90 degree brackets bolted to the subframe behind the Edge light.You could fab your own from 1/8" aluminum from a hardware store.

I think most folks use cooler replacement blinkers and chuck the stock ones.

Splurge for $20.00 or less you can get nice LED blinkers.

I spent $15.99 for these blinkers and mounted them to the plastic tabs on the fender. Very clean install.

06SMNew003.jpg

I spent $15.99 for these blinkers and mounted them to the plastic tabs on the fender. Very clean install.

06SMNew003.jpg

Where did you get those?

I installed mine yesterday and since I couldn't decide on a turn signal style I put the stockers back on for now. When I get aftermarkets I'm going to mount them to the now unused fender tabs like DougJ.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25728

I had to mount mine on the bottom of the sub frame instead of the the top as the directions said; because the rear fender pushed down the stock turn signals arms and made the signals droop down with the (stay bracket) from wheeling cycle supply. When I mounted the drc on the bottom it worked fine with the stockers, but there is a gap between the rear fender and tail light????? :thumbsup:

lol ...same here in Montana ...we don't need no stinken turn signals ...the only thing is the California tree huggers around here will change that and screw this state up as they did theirs and then they will head to Colorado

I also ordered the $4.00 blinker stays. DHL said they should arrive Monday from DRC.

I installed mine yesterday and since I couldn't decide on a turn signal style I put the stockers back on for now. When I get aftermarkets I'm going to mount them to the now unused fender tabs like DougJ.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25728

I did the exact same thing. On the exhaust side I drilled a new hole up higher to keep the turn signal away from the exhaust.

06SMNew003.jpg

+1 i did the same thing just mounted them to the tabs on the fender.

I also picked up a set of blinkers at cycle gear and they fit great. Can't beat it for $14 or $15 bucks.