Sign in to follow this  

Which rear tire to buy?

I am in need of replacing my stock Dunlap D756 rear tire, and would like to know some good replacements. I would like to just buy the same one, (Because the front is a new stock replacement) but how have those who have gotten several rides on these with mixed terrain feel about it?

I have only rode the bike 2 times, both were muddy, so I wasn't getting much traction, but the tire is worn so that wasn't helping.

I would like a good all terrain rear tire, because I definitely don't do any ridding on hard packed terrain.

Thanks!

I use a Maxis IT out here in california and it seems to be doing ok.. It does have one chunk out of a knob though...

but no wear.......

Thanks... Also....

What size can I put on the back rim to beef it up a little bit, without causing to much bulge on the rim. The stock is 100-90-19. I would like something a wider for sure, and the same sidewall hight or even a bit taller on the stock rim.

I just put a Dunlop 952 on my CRF and it is great for the stump/roots/rocks/mud terrain of east Tennessee, which I suspect is similar to your North Carolina terrain unless your on the eastern NC coast.

I run a 110 rear. I have the same bike. No rubbing anywhere. Currently and for years I have ran the d756's. I love the tire. My brother and step-father convinced me to try the Michelin Star Cross. I haven't put them on yet but my brother swears by them.

Thanks for the replys, so you are running a 110 - 90 - 19 ? So this would be slightly wider, but the same hight off the rim right? Thanks!

OK, I bought the stock Dunlop 756 Rear tire... but I bought a bigger size 110-90-19.

Anyone else running this size? How does it compair to the stock 100-90-19?

Thanks!

I actualy just seen someone elses post on this.... Looks like most people stick with the 100 rather than the 110. I just paid $101 for the 110!! Guess I shoulda waited for more responses before I bought it!

Anyone need a brand new 110-90-19 ? haha....

The search feature is wonderful isn't it.

But just go back to the shop, I'm sure they'll swap tires

with you. If the shop you bought if from won't, another probably

will. :thumbsup:

I run 110-90-19, Michelin S12. Good in sand, mud roots, etc. Wears like iron, sticks like glue. I'll never buy another tire.

MotoSportOutlet.com has great prices and free shipping for orders over $100.

Thanks! I will check em out. I ordered the tire online, so by the time I pay return shipping and get a new tire sent, It may not be worth it.

Do you run that 110 on a 250f?

I run the Dunlop 952's front and rear and have been very happy with the performance. They seem to be the best all around tires that i have found.

How do you pay $110 dollars for one tire? I just bought three 952 rears for that.

No I paid $101 for the tire through Dennis Kirk.

That is there price for the Dunlop 756 110-90-19.

I think you seen where I was saying about the 110 for the size.

I usually run Michelin Starcross MH3's. I have a 250f and use the 110's occasionally without rubbing anywhere. By far the best tire I have ever used. Period.