Sign in to follow this  

How long does it take to break in a new bikes suspension?

Bought a few bikes in the last year - how long?

The one I am most curious about is my TE-250 - Marzocchi / Shiver 45mm, 4.8 N/mm USD on the front and Sachs on the rear. The Husky seems to be taking longer than the others.

it's said that you should ride for appr. 3-5 hours for breaking in

Bought a few bikes in the last year - how long?

The one I am most curious about is my TE-250 - Marzocchi / Shiver 45mm, 4.8 N/mm USD on the front and Sachs on the rear. The Husky seems to be taking longer than the others.

Just take a few 90ft triples? :thumbsup::ride:

Seriously, what makes you think that suspension is not broken in? How can you tell?

I recently put new (correct) springs front and rear in my wr450. I simply cannot believe that I spent money on anything else prior to this. I can actually turn the beast and it stays planted.

Its just not the same bike and I'd like to get a true feel and understanding of the suspension.

3-5 hours sounds right to me too... 30 hours (500 miles) and the sag is still changing - getting softer which just seems weird, but I really don't push the bike that hard - not doing 90' triples... Is it possible something is wearing out?

At 170 lbs I think my springs are ok - anyone else have some input?

No 90ft triples for me either, but I did bash Pozo for a solid 4 hours...the rear on my TE450 took at least 30 hours before it finally settled. At ~40 hours I had Les @ LTR fix me up, we decided to stay with the stock rear spring, even though it's rated slightly too stiff for me...the new fork springs (along with revalve) have worked beautifully right out of the gate, I've noticed no breakin time, but the bushings, et al, were not replaced.