Sign in to follow this  

proper way to pronounce these?

key-hin,

I don't knoiw the second but i would surely like to ride one,

A-sir-bus,

Ken

mo-to-siz

Based in Portland. Occasionally tests his bike and various parts at PIR.

key-hin,

I don't knoiw the second but i would surely like to ride one,

A-sir-bus,

Ken

Ya got 1 out of 2 right... it's ah-chair-bees.

yea, ah-chair-bees. I used to say A-sir-bus until I called them and the phone jockey quickly corrected me. :thumbsup:

A chair bees? Really? Ok. Silly french they have a word for everything! I've always said A-sear-bis or Acer-bis.

Ok how about Wiseco? Wise-co or Why-say-co? If it is a Japanese Company I vote for Why-Say-Co.

A chair bees? Really? Ok. Silly french they have a word for everything! I've always said A-sear-bis or Acer-bis.

Ok how about Wiseco? Wise-co or Why-say-co? If it is a Japanese Company I vote for Why-Say-Co.

The French do indeed have a word for everything, for instance they say L'Italie instead of Italy, where Acerbis is from.

its always been ahchairbees, keehan, and of course the Yuck-eenee(mukuni)!

I.ve always said y-zeck-oh

Over here it's D - R - Zed not Zee like in the States. I also say A - cer - bis :thumbsup:

Most Canadians I know also say DRZed and a-sir-bus.

Ken

It's Wise-co.

Another one most get wrong is Shoei helmets. Almost everyone says SHOE-E. That's wrong. It's pronounced Show-E.

I said Shoe-e to one of the Japanese owners years agon at a convention and lost it! Not sure if that was his name or not?

Soumy is another... Sue-me? :thumbsup: I thinks it So-Omy or Sue-Omy.

Most I know say show-E . Suomy is soo-me. At least that's what the Swedes are in hockey, SUOMI.

how about Arai? I think I've caught myself using A rye , A Ray interchangeably. Don't even know if either is right.

Most Canadians I know also say DRZed...

That makes sense that Canadians and North Africans pronounce it DRZed as those are two countries with strong French culture and roots. In the French language, the letter 'z' is stated as 'zed'. Think of the ABC song we were all taught as children. When we end with 'Z', they end with 'Zed'. And I guess it would be the Ah Bay Say song to them also :thumbsup: