Sign in to follow this  

i love my 450 to death man but----

You know you cant race them in ama races. They say no v-twins but those things are pretty bad ass.

Italian shoes: yes

Italian suit: yes

Pasta: hell yes

Italian mechanical anything: &%$#@!? Are you on CRACK? I don't care how nice it looks, it won't work for long - just like an ex-wife.

I personally think it is crap for the AMA to ban the V-twins. This is a great direction for dirt bike technology and they are just holding back everyone by banning them.

Have you seen how well these bikes do in enduro and offroad racing. Amazing.

ben

it will be like a KTM nice bikes and all that stuff but to get parts will be a NIGHTMARE

suzuki made a rotary engine back in 1970ish, only down fall: there was no low end.

suzuki made a rotary engine back in 1970ish, only down fall: there was no low end.

Even if 30 years later someone was to make one and fixed the low end problem would it be faster than the bikes out now?And if so wouldn't the AMA ban them to?

Even if 30 years later someone was to make one and fixed the low end problem would it be faster than the bikes out now?And if so wouldn't the AMA ban them to?

would be alot faster in the right environment. theoretically the rotary engine has no red line!

Suzuki, GT380 triple, if I remember right

the triple was just that a triple. not a rotary, seems like i do remember a prototype at the shows in the early 70's. but i don't think it ever saw production. seems like it was a hodaka?? can't remember :thumbsup:

That Aprilla bike can't hang with the four stroke 450s in the AMA pro class could it?

Actually, the V-twin motor would have an advantage over the standard single in power delivery. The real issue with the twin is the weight. I think these Aprilia's weigh as much as 450 pounds. Not terrible, but still a lot more than the current top singles.

ben