Sign in to follow this  

difference in years for a 610

I have a 95 610. could someone tell me what years are the same as my bike. I was told that 96+ are very different and that my motor will not bolt in a 96 or newer frame. is this true? If so what are my years that are similar?

thanks...

Albert

I have the same bike--with a blown head. One of these days I have to get around to getting parts for it to fix it. My 01 TE 570 and 03 Yamaha WR 450F are keeping me busy enough for now!

I have a 95 610. could someone tell me what years are the same as my bike. I was told that 96+ are very different and that my motor will not bolt in a 96 or newer frame. is this true? If so what are my years that are similar?

thanks...

Albert

Who ever told you that knows nothing about the older Husky 4 strokes.

All the Left kick Husky 350/410/510/610/570 motors will bolt into your bike from 1987-2004 the old diffenece there was that the later bikes 01 had larger swing arm spindles.But you can change the steel sleeves at the rear to accomodate.Almost all engine parts including gear box parts are interchangable.From 1995 on all engine parts are interchangable.Earlier bikes identified by the alloy camchain & SEM ignitions.

The only difference was the clutches.The early small type fitted to 510 up to 91, then 92-00 the bigger clutch basket, then 570 style clutch which has same basket but a bigger inner hub this is still used on the new 450/510 bikes.Identified by the clutch pressure plate which does not use a needle roll thrust bearing.