Sign in to follow this  

Quad goons at Thunder Valley or "Do they remove part of your brain when you buy a qua

So today I went to Lakewood, got there about 3, track closes at 5. I got my gear on then went out and did about 10 laps. When I get back to my truck to take a break these 2 guys on quads are spinning donuts and doing wheelies in the parking lot next to my truck, and sending a big dust cloud right on top of me. I got a little irritated but was going to go back out on the track in a few minutes so I let it go. I rode until shortly before 5 and went to my truck to change and load up. Well guess what, the idiots are still there doing donuts, raisng a dust cloud. One of them has his girlfriend on the back and is riding on 2 wheels, neither one is wearing a helmet. I was getting out of my gear and was starting to get pissed off while eating more dust than I did on the track. After I got my clothes on I finally yelled over at them to knock it the f**k off. The one who was wearing a helmet takes it off, throws it on the ground and acts like he is going to come start something. He says F you, I say F you back, his girlfriend says mellow out. I'm thinking, oh great I'm going to get in a fight with these idiots. I said "this is the parking lot, not the track and I'm eating all your dust". Just then the guy that checks people in says over the loudspeakers, "You quad riders, shut them off" That got their attention! I finished loading up and split. What the hell is wrong with these people? Are they too ignorant to realize that they are being morons? Do I expect to much out of people? Thanks for reading my rant!!!

They should have been thrown out well before you had to get pissed. Are they even allowed on the track their? I was their on Sat and they were yelling over the speaker at bikers riding in the lot without helmets. How did they get away with it?

I think the problem is that anyone can drive one. You get all kinds on those things as opposed to motorbikes because there is not as much fear factor. No fear = no respect!

I think the problem is that anyone can drive one. You get all kinds on those things as opposed to motorbikes because there is not as much fear factor. No fear = no respect!

It's also way harder to balance a bike after a few cocktails. :thumbsup:

hey theres nothing wrong with quads all the quad riders i see always wear a helmet but iam sure there are lots of people who dont wear helmets on wuads and dirtbikes

I good rap in the mouth with the old knucle sandwich sounded in order.

I good rap in the mouth with the old knucle sandwich sounded in order.

Believe me, I was tempted but there were 2 of them and 1 of me and they looked to be in their early 20's. I was thinking of trying the " You sure will be embarrassed when this 49 year old guy kicks your ass in front of your girlfriend" :ride: or " I hope it makes you feel like a big man to kick a 49 year olds ass in front of your girlfriend" :thumbsup: Lucky for me I didn't need to use either one LOL

Are they even allowed on the track their?

I believe they are alowed on the track, I have seen a group of sport quads guys that can acctually ride the track and do the doubles rather than roll the jumps and ruin the lips. So my point is if they are alowed on the track why the hell are they riding in the parking lot. I tell ya its worse on the trails.

hey theres nothing wrong with quads all the quad riders i see always wear a helmet but iam sure there are lots of people who dont wear helmets on wuads and dirtbikes

Yes there is something wrong with quads, and the peope that ride them. One the idiots that ride them make singletrack 8 feet wide. Two they cut around challenging technical sections that were put in place to make the trail challenging. And they obviously can not balance on two wheels. The list goes on.

TJ

I have seen the exact same scene so many times that I am at a loss to help explain the phenomenon. I've even seen it at trailhead parking lots, when people should be off riding trails. I've had it happen where I'm the only vehicle in the parking lot and some donut goon comes over and starts spinning away. I think it's a gene mutation.

:thumbsup:

you cant go to a track anymore without having this happen, it really sucks for the kids because these folks are so dam dangerous.

NO more tracks for me.

They sure have given themselves a bad reputation...

The problem is that they have given the whole OHV community a bad rep! And to make matters worst, we have to join forces w/ the knuckle heads to fight and keep our trails open against the enviromental wackos.

Same thing happened to me at PMI. You've got hundress of acres of great terrain to ride, or at least we had, and the fools zip trough the parking area at 100mph and do dounughts right there where there are families camping , BBQing or just relaxing between rides on the weekend. &%$#@!

To top that off when their truck leaves for the day they leave a pile of trash in its place. No wonder we are constantly loosing riding areas. :thumbsup:

It's kind of like the saying "Guns don't kill people...."

"Quads don't make you an idiot...."

hey theres nothing wrong with quads

I wasn't bashing on the quads, just the morons who were riding them.

I have seen the same thing at Watkins. It is a common site to see a goon on quad doing donuts and hauling A$$ where everyone parks.

UMM...guy there is a racetrack over there, or better yet go to the play ride area and do all the donuts you want.

One saturday this guy on a quad was doing the donut dust thing. Luckily his quad broke and he had to push it all the way back to his truck :thumbsup:

I can't figure out if they think they are impressing people, or what. They impress me alright, my thought process goes something like this:

You :thumbsup: dumb :ride: , is wrong with you?, if you get any closer I'm gonna break your :applause: kneecaps, is wrong with you? Go over by your :applause: group and do that. Why here, why now, is wrong with you?

It's easy, just let the track know that we will not frequent their track until they deal with the quads. Go to a track where the quad riders are more repectful (if there is any).

If enough of us do this, then the owners will repond. However, I would prefer to keep the quads at the tracks rather than chase them up into the hills.

you cant go to a track anymore without having this happen, it really sucks for the kids because these folks are so dam dangerous.

NO more tracks for me.

Kwads aren't allowed at Aztec. That's one of the best reasons it's one of my favorites.