Sign in to follow this  

Jim Pomeroy RIP

Jim Pomeroy died in a jeep accident yesterday. The northwest lost an great one.

Ive known Jim for many year, He was all about having fun, All of my families thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Pomeroy family.

RIP Jim. I only had the chance to talk to him a couple times, but he was a great man, and paved the way for many in our sport today.

Damn.

I remember watch'n him in the early 70's at the race track in Puyallup.

Watching him ride his Bultaco made me realize there was more to racing, it was art in motion.

Sad loss, RIP.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jim's family also. Funny but I never realized just how much he had accomplished, he was always just a friend of my uncles from their racing days when I was growing up.

Man he was really something, I wasn't really into bikes then , kind of just now getting into the sport at 42, but my hat's off to a great rider.

Jimmy was one of my best friends,I had the pleasure of calling him my friend for 29 years.Two memorable times for me are as follows:Jimmy used to teach his mx school back in the late 70's early 80's at Seattle raceway,he would travel every weekend over to this side of the mtns.to teach and camp out in his box van,I met him around 1978 and found out he was doing this and offered to him the use of the extra guest room ,bed and shower,he excepted,and would come over and stay for the weekend and only be 1 mile from the raceway and eating ,sleeping and showering in comfort.We spent many a night talking about his career,riding and becoming friends.Next was in October 1985 when I went to the Jet Ski World Finals in Lake Havasu,Az.He had traveled there to spectate and help out and offer moral support,he held my Jet Ski for me on the line for the closed coarse event,which I ended up getting second place in,and was the first person to congratulate me after winning the slalom event in my class,then we partied together.I last spent the day with him at this years Dino Days event hanging out with him,and with him promising to ride Gifford Pincho Forrest soon,he lived so close and never rode there,but he was going to ride it with me soon,that wont happen now,but he will always be riding with me in spirit when I ride there now.Jimmy I will miss you alot :applause: ,you had a profound affect on my life :thumbsup: ,and it was a pleasure knowing you. Bless you Linda and Jamie!!!!! :applause::ride: