Sign in to follow this  

I beleive golf courses should be motocross tracks.

I love this shirt

but i bet alot of guys on here hate it and say it misrepresents our sport.

just thought id point it out as funny.

Ha!! Ive told my kids and wife that since the 80's! Always had this re-ocuring want of taking a brand new open class Mx'r and put fresh tires on it with about 25 lbs in the back tire (just to tear up the ground),and start mowing! Back then,rumor had it that a factory rider, Kent Howerton got to do this in Texas before it was demolished for building.

I don't get the desire to ride on a golf course, that would be like riding on a carpeted freeway.

I don't get the desire to ride on a golf course, that would be like riding on a carpeted freeway.

Just look at his TT name. :thumbsup:

Laughing,Im one of those ol-timers I think...but I admit...give me a fire snorting 500 mx bike and lets ride !!

My dad is a golf course superintendent, so I have gotten to see first hand the damage idiots on dirtbikes (and quads, and cars, and even horses) cause. Its hard work keeping a golf course in good condition, and even harder to repair the damage (not to mention expensive), especially when golfers start to complain about it. It really pisses my dad off when people destroy his course. So in a way, I take offense to that.

On a related and ironic note, you know the dirt that was used in the X games? Well my dad is having some of it trucked in to build a new tee box. Think of the irony. :thumbsup:

Ohh,I would never do it,unless givin the chance as Howerton got in San Antonio way back when,but it would be a thrill . Years ago,here in so-cal..a race organization actually planted grass on the track for a regular mx race...as would be expected,it was blasted 5 minutes after practice...maybe the closest thing to that would be riding in sand right after it rained.

My dad is a golf course superintendent, so I have gotten to see first hand the damage idiots on dirtbikes (and quads, and cars, and even horses) cause. Its hard work keeping a golf course in good condition, and even harder to repair the damage (not to mention expensive), especially when golfers start to complain about it. It really pisses my dad off when people destroy his course. So in a way, I take offense to that.

On a related and ironic note, you know the dirt that was used in the X games? Well my dad is having some of it trucked in to build a new tee box. Think of the irony. :thumbsup:

I understand completely, and that is why I mentioned that it is highly not recommended. Behavior like that is one reason more and more land is being taken away from us. I also golf on occasion and the grass would provide much grip. It would just be awesome to have the privilege to tear one up. Like YZ450t mentioned, before it was demolished. :ride:

yeah I know you guys arent serious, but some people actually do it. And some people might take that shirt seriously, which wouldnt be a good thing for dirtbikers.

I just really hate people who vandalize.

I've looked longingly at our mountain courses when they're covered with 6 feet of snow, and wanted to ride my snowmobiles on them. It would do no damage, and I could get some huge tee box air.

Every time I see a golf course I can visualise a huge roost of turf coming off my back tire...

:applause: Just think lol.. :applause: chalk line out a track...get 6 or so bikes ,jumping out of a sand trap with the throttle pegged..practice starts in 3rd gear... :thumbsup: ahhh just the thing to relax after a hard day at work..then being woke up by the alarm clock.. :ride: .time to get to work again...yawn...

I'm a fan of both golf and MX so there's no way I'd support it, but a guy can dream! Working on a golf course for 5 years, I can tell you I'd have a majorly fun time riding a bike there! In fact me and a co-worker were talking about how fun it would be to turn the course into some sort of "special" MX park. Kind of like an organized off-road facility, built by man, specifically for MX.... you know, tracks, natural jumps.... freeriding crusty demons type of stuff! :thumbsup:

I actually got a once in a lifetime chance to fulfill that dream. Maybe some of you Maryland riders remember back about '94 outside Germantown, there was this golf course that closed for real estate development. Well, I know it was trespassing but the course was freshly closed and was going to be landscaped, I was going to spend a short time there and it was that one chance to do it. So, I drive over there and unload my XR600 with excitement I haven't felt since Christmas as a kid, I would have to say there is nothing like doing moto starts on a green, huge chunks of expensive perfectly groomed terra firma launching behind me,diving and turning into sand traps and the roller coaster ride over those smooth hills all over the course. About a half hour into my "dream ride" I start heading back to the truck when a cop car pulls up to my truck with lights flashing( I figured that was coming ). The cop was pretty nice and said he busted a few other dirt bikers recently but also said he didn't blame them for wanting to ride there until it was landscaped. He gave me a ticket, I went to see the judge in Rockville and my little ride cost me just $50, to me it was a great deal, I didn't mind paying it. That was a long time ago and the one and only time I ever purposely trespassed with my dirt bike and would never think of doing it ever again, not even if another closed golf course opportunity presented itself. If anyone ever has this chance in the future I would recommend getting permission before riding like I should have.

The cart paths would make a great go-cart track.

There are enough a$$ holes on Golf Courses everyday lets try and keep them there because they would be spending the 4+ hours riding quads (in mud holes) if not for Golf.